Sunday, July 24, 2011

We're in TROUBLE!

Funny story from tonight.  While relaxing tonight and hanging out, watching a bit of TV.  Addy was getting silly, she was tired but mostly in good spirits.  Mike was tired and she just wanted to climb and be silly, so to give him a break from being a jungle gym, I grabbed her to come sit with me (or climb all over me - whatever).  She's sitting in my lap and starts playing with my hair (I tolerate this...I still don't really like having my hair played with).  So then I'm trying to distract her so she'll stop playing with my hair.  We start talking about where her eyes are and ears, my ears and eyes.  She turns my head and is pointing to my earrings.  Then to her earrings, then she is looking at my earrings.  I was telling her, "yeah Mommy has pretty earrings.  Mommy's are diamonds, pretty diamonds.  Daddy got Mommy her pretty earrings."  She looks at them again and then turns to look at Mike and says "ooooooh, ooooh"  It totally cracked us up!  She went back to pointing to her earrings again after that and then mine again.  I think Addison is going to have a girly side indeed and she certainly seems to like jewelry already (she likes to put on bracelets) and she loves to put on a bow (though they never, ever stay long) and she adores her shoes and has opinions about which she will wear.  We may just be in a bit of trouble!

No comments: