Monday, November 2, 2009

Addison's 1 month old (a few days late...)


Addison's Halloween costume

Well I haven't been as good about getting updates to the blog as I want to be - I will try but make absolutely no promises because life is just plain crazy some days! However, I wanted to add a quick update since Addison turned 1 month old a few days ago. It doesn't seem possible!

So here is what the little princess has been up to...

-she is still sleeping fairly well, the first half of the month she would get up once or twice but stay up for 1 - 2 hours or more each time so that was exhausting for Mike and I both. The past week (I'm almost afraid to say this for fear I will jinx it and it will end) she's been up once a night and last night not til 5 (which I count as sleeping thru the night!). She was also getting back to sleep more quickly! It has been awesome.
-Addison is also definitely starting to regard faces so much more, she will just stare and stare at you while you hold her and talk to her.
-She's also smiling throughout the day, she's quite expressive most of the time and makes some pretty funny faces at times too.
-Addison still has quite a good appetite and continues to be a good eater - but the burps she needs to let out after eating she will hold on to sometimes for a long time (that is why we think she would be up for so long some nights)
-We've been to lots of places to play and she's traveled well and seemed to enjoy her time out with the family. We've been to the park on a nice day, to a pumpkin farm to pick out pumpkins, the children's museum, the learning center, and even a birthday party!
We had a great time for Halloween. Noah was Superman, Josh was Batman and Addison was Superwoman. We got to trick or treat at the learning center and then spent Saturday night at the fall festival at church it was a great time! Addison slept in her sling the whole time, but seemed pretty content nonetheless.

On some medical updates - we've had a full and busy day of appointments. All the previous week I had felt that Addison's tongue looked more white and thicker than it should, but all of the symptoms for thrush said that it would be on their gums and/or cheeks as well as the tongue so I waited. Sunday morning her mouth was still clear except her tongue but by Sunday afternoon there were spots all over her poor little mouth. A trip to the peds office this morning confirmed it, she definitely has thrush so we are starting her on medicine for that and hopefully it will clear up in a week or so. Uncomfortable for her and I but nothing serious or anything to really worry about. Addison also had her ENT appointment this morning. The initial office visit was for an over view of her ears, nose, and throat and it seems that everything seems to have developed just fine and there isn't a big concern there. However, there is more fluid in her right ear (the ear that doesn't have hearing loss). So we go back to ENT on Dec. 3rd, we'll see ENT that morning and then her audiology appointment for more hearing test and probably the fitting for the ear mold for her hearing aid that afternoon. Fun times! I will try to post pictures really soon, or at least a link to pictures! Here are her pictures with her pig for comparison!
Sept. 30, 2009 Just Arrived!
Oct. 30, 2009 - 1 month old

No comments: