
We haven't been so good about updating the blog, sorry! It is amazing how full life gets, in so many wonderful ways but still has left me a bit exhausted and not wanting to think at the end of the day when the kiddos are sleeping or I have been up with at least one who has needed a little extra love. We are all doing well - Josh is on some medicine right now for an allergic reaction this past weekend (my best guess is cross-contamination from a bakery cake...stupid of me to let him it even though the ingredients were safe, I wasn't in the kitchen, sigh) and from breaking his skin he has another staff infection. So oral steriods and an antibotic have been added to his daily list. I think Addison has finally gotten over her thrush (thank goodness!!) and half of her authorization for her hearing aid has been approved. I know that sounds absolutely crazy, but there are 3 parts - so far the ear mold (the part that will go into her ear) and the battery have been approved. They are waiting for some test results to approve the actual hearing aid. The audiologist is hopeful that when we go back on the 8th that Addison can have her very own hearing aid instead of a loaner so that they can begin bonding (those were her words =) not mine).
Noah is doing very well. He will begin working with someone from early intervention next week, as well, for his speech or more specifically his articulation problems. He continues to amaze me daily with his sense of humor and questions. Oh the questions are never-ending from him. I want to encourage his curiosity and want to help foster it, but oh some days I am tired of answering the why questions and the where did you get that questions. He really is getting quite the imagination too - I love to see the things he thinks up, and it is certainly influencing Josh as he will pretend right along with Noah. Today Noah and Josh came back upstairs from playing chase downstairs and Noah said "Josh stop, wait, there are sharks. Quick swim away, like this!" and laid on the kitchen floor and began to "swim" across the kitchen. Then they got to the table and ironing board and were safe on an island Noah said. He also today told me that he had another brother, I asked him who that was and he said "He's Noah too, he matches me and is my favorite brother. He likes me best, too" He was putting his arm around this other Noah as he was introducing me to him. Oh and Noah certainly likes to introduce himself to everyone, such a sweet and friendly boy.
I have been busy juggling appointments and keeping up with authorizations and referrals and making sure everyone gets their medicine and eats and has clean clothes. We have also been playing lots of fun games and I have liked being able to find fun activities for the boys to do. I also have been sewing more lately, starting to really enjoy it and I dare say am getting the hang of it a little bit better. I want to start celebrating the "little" holidays with the kids and thought pillow cases for their small pillows would be a fun way. So we have new heart pillow cases for the boys' small pillows. Though, now I am thinking after St. Patrick Day's (since I also made those already) I am going to have to go to full size pillow cases because that is what they both prefer to sleep with now. I had a bit leftover from the heart pillow cases and decided to try my hand at a simple little skirt for Addison for Valentine's day. I must say the tutorial I found was super easy and even though my version was a little short since that was all I had leftover, it is pretty cute.
We will try to update more often - though if you want weather updates don't worry it's always the same here it seems - cold, cold, and more cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment