- In Feb. Addison got a loaner hearing aid from Boys' Town until Tricare got their paperwork together for her very own
- We switched to clothe diapers almost full time in Feb. for Josh still trying to help his poor skin
- Noah had his adenoids removed at the end of Feb. and did awesome through the surgery and had a very quick recovery
- Feb. and March brought lots of playing with friends, cookie making, and snow!
- By March Addison had her very own hearing aid and continued to do great wearing it, she certainly made it easy to get to full time use
- March also brought a couple of birthday parties to attend of friends and a tea party for me and Addison to go to
- We also started on baby food in March for Addison who was sitting by herself and getting up on all fours now too
- The end of March also brought the best thing - it brought Daddy home!
- By the time Mike got back from his deployment we had gone through 2 time frames for a vacation home to VA, being able to attend Lauren's wedding, to not attend, to not going home but vacationing while Mike was on a month long TDY in Vegas to having orders to Vegas
- April was a complete whirlwind...serious whirlwind! We had a birthday party, Noah got a big boy bike, and getting the house ready for the market and then on the market, and Noah started playing soccer (which he absolutely loved and seemed to just get the hang of)
- May was packing, soccer, and moving! It was completely crazy - we had issues with getting orders and ended up moving ourselves (using a POD...a small one at that) because of the short notice and left ahead of time since Mike was going to now have a month long TDY in-route for SOS.
- We spent a weekend in San Deigo with Kristin and Corby and their boys before Mike left for SOS. It was a weekend of sea, sand, and whales! We hit Chick-fil-A on the way in, then spent the day at the beach and had some of the best clam chowder ever for dinner at a little place on the bay on Saturday. We spent Sunday enjoying Sea World's Salute to Heroes with free passes. Everyone loved Sea World, I also enjoyed my new camera and used 2 memory cards. When we got home I had taken over 1300 pictures - literally! I narrowed it down to about 300 keepers, love digital and absolutely adore my new camera.
- We are so thankful for Corby and Kristin and their boys putting up with us and our craziness for over a month. We intruded on them and tired hard not to take over their house - there were 9 people living in their once peaceful home. Things were definitely an adventure and always interesting! And yes, we are still friends and I don't think anyone ever wanted to kill anyone else (minus the four big boys who sometimes didn't want to share - but when you are 4, 3, and 2 that's just hard anyway!) I am so thankful that we were blessed to have space to breath and the boys to run and play instead of cramming ourselves into two small little rooms in TLF - thank you thank you!
- We are moved in to a new home on base and getting things settled. I have 5 boxes left to unpack and think that by the end of the weekend all the boxes that need unpacked will be finished. Mike will be home soon and then we will tackle hanging pictures, frames, etc that will really make it feel like home. We still have our house in NE on the market and are waiting (trying to wait patiently but I'm not sure I'm so patient right now) for God to send the right buyer. I was again blessed by the help of friends to unpack the POD and get all the heavy lifting done. We are working on getting Josh's skin and allergies under control, getting Noah back in speech so that he can continue to improve his articulation, and getting Addy's new ear mold so she can wear her hearing aid again and get in with the audiologist. I am finding the referral process here to be somewhat frustrating but we'll get it all worked out.
Friday, June 25, 2010
We're Back!
So it has been umm 5 months? I can't believe that anyone is still reading the blog - yikes I really was bad about updating this. I will try and recap the past 5 months in a very short version of the events
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the update, and the picture in your header. You ROCK, I can't believe you already have the house unpacked!
Post a Comment