Monday, August 9, 2010

And She Stands...

We are really enjoying our summer, there are many evenings spent outside playing, days at the pool, and lots of walks to the playground after dinner. It has been so good. Last night it was a really, really nice evening - it was cool and just felt great. Mike spent time outside with the boys and Addy in the backyard with the Buzz Bubble Blower. Everyone was having a great time. I stayed in to cut out patterns for knights' armor (well kind of) for Addison's party (she's having a princess party but all the guests are boys, so it'll be more Princess and Knights lol). I got a couple of phone calls and was chatting enjoying the peace and quiet when Mike comes in and yells, Addison just stood up. She was just sitting on the patio and went from sitting, to squatting, to standing and held herself standing up for a while. She of course has not repeated the feat just yet, even though I've been trying. I was sad to miss that first for her, but excited that Daddy got to see a first - since sometimes he's not home when they happen. She's a cruising machine and has been for quite some time yet she hasn't seem interested in taking steps even if you hold onto her hands. I'm curious if the standing will be a new challenge and lead soon to walking. No rush from me or Mike - we're enjoying her baby years - the last of our baby years.

No comments: