Monday night I was finally able to find goggles for the boys who have been asking for most of the summer. I had been able to find the masks but didn't want to get those, some pools won't let you use them if they are masks (the thinking I believe is that it is harder to administer CPR if need be since you'd have to take those off) and I found a couple pairs that were over $15 a piece - again not really what I wanted. I was at Target and found Spider-Man goggles for them both and they were so excited! It was later Monday evening though so we had to wait until Tuesday afternoon to hit the pool. Noah has really gotten much braver around the water and really seems to enjoy being in the pool - big or little. He's putting his face in the water and really trying to swim. We missed the swim lessons on base by a week unfortunately. At his age, I didn't want to put him in lessons until he showed he was comfortable and would willingly put his face under water. We may try lessons at the YMCA this water after soccer but for now we're just getting as much pool time as possible. Thought I would share a few pictures from our adventures Tuesday evening.
I almost forgot one story I wanted to share. Noah and I were in the "big" pool and had lots of fun playing - we played tag, and monsters and then Noah wanted to play "Red Light, Green Light" when he decided to change the game. Instead of just red and green lights we had red, green, and blue lights. He told me that the blue light meant I had to swim under water. Such a creative little boy =).
I almost forgot one story I wanted to share. Noah and I were in the "big" pool and had lots of fun playing - we played tag, and monsters and then Noah wanted to play "Red Light, Green Light" when he decided to change the game. Instead of just red and green lights we had red, green, and blue lights. He told me that the blue light meant I had to swim under water. Such a creative little boy =).




No comments:
Post a Comment