Monday, May 9, 2011

Celebrating Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day - a day to celebrate our mother's and how fortunate we are to have wonderful mothers in our lives!  I was excited for the gifts to our moms this year, each got a personalized photobook that was the first year of each of Noah, Josh, and Addy's life.  There was a page for each month (birth - month 12) that  included their picture from that month with their animal.  The idea popped in my head last August and stuck...I was so glad to have been able to finish them in time. 
Mike certainly made sure that I felt very appreciated and loved yesterday as well.  We have been talking about me feeling like I just need a break, a good solid break from the everyday stress that has caught up with me lately.  Mike was clearly listening because yesterday was fabulous!  He let me sleep late (til 830!) and made us breakfast.  Then he arranged with Kristin for her to spend the afternoon with me while her 3 kids stayed and played.  Kristin and I went to lunch and did some shopping before heading to get pedicures.  After our pedicures we came home and had a delicious dinner Mike made and hung out for a bit before we went to see a movie while he stayed home with the kids and got them bathed and in bed.
Talk about relaxing!  He also had the kids make me a sign in the morning and then must have had Kristin's boys work on one during the day for her because he gave her one to take home they had done.  I loved his thoughtfulness, his really going the extra mile for me.  It would have been nice to have had a day to go do some shopping and get a pedicure alone, but it was so much better getting to do all of that with one of my truly best friends (especially because while I refuse to admit it 95% of the time, Kristin and her gang have orders and won't have enough more time here - with enough time being of course until we got orders and have to leave...so the time away with her was a very special blessing in so many ways!)
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! Mike is awesome to take on 3 more kids and let you and Kristen have a great day out. It is always needed :-)