Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daddy's Home Again!

It was a very quick trip, Mike left Monday afternoon and got back last night, Wed.  Still I had 3 kids who were sad and missed their daddy.  They all did fine, but mentioned several times that they miss Daddy when he is at far away work (which is anywhere out of town).  We had church Wed. night - which I must say was absolutely the perfect message and service for me...talk about feeling like it was meant just for me, exactly what I needed to hear the week before Addison's next genetic appointment (I'll post about all those emotions later) - so by the time we were done with church I knew it would be close to 9 and time to leave for the airport.  It actually worked out pretty well.  We stopped by McDonald's for a couple chocolate milks to split between them all and then headed downtown.  I thought Mike's flight was a few minutes delayed and it didn't make sense to go home for 5 or 10 minutes so we took the slower drive down the strip.  The kids wanted me to take  pictures of the lights and enjoyed them.  Thankfully they are still fairly little and ignore most of the unfamily-friendly ads (though Noah did see the moving truck with the ad for the girls anytime and giggled again and said they shouldn't have their picture in their pjs - nothing is showing on  the ad because of rectangles, but it does appear they are in pjs.  He also asked me what it said, I declined answering not wanting to tell him it said "Hot Girls" and having to go down that route with him to explain).  We'll have a busy next couple of days before saying goodbye to Daddy again for another quick trip; but we also get to say hello to Aunt Chrystal for that whole week and take our trip to San Diego so I think that will definitely help make it less emotional for them.
Photobucket
 Photobucket

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

Oh, the "night life" in Vegas! It is hard to let the kids enjoy the fun lights with all the craziness around, but glad they were able to enjoy the fun, and getting to see daddy as well. My kids do the same thing, even if my hubby is gone for just one night, he is very much missed. I hope all goes well with the appt in SD.