Monday, August 1, 2011

Plans for Addison's birthday present

I'm so excited for Addison's birthday present, I think she's gonna love it!  As previously posted, she's loving playing dolls lately.  I found this plan for a doll bed from one of my favorite DIY sites.  I loved it, so stinkin cute.  I mentioned it to Mike, who looked at it and decided it would be easy enough to do and almost as important it would also be able to be built sturdy to withstand some rough play (we're imagining kids will be sleeping/sitting on it not just the dolls).  I also loved the little mini quilt on her bed.  So I decided that a mini quilt would be a good first try for a quilt.  I used some of the fabric scraps that I had in my stash and surprisingly really enjoyed the process.  It certainly isn't perfect or even close to it.  I think I did the binding totally wrong (or unconventional at the very least) but I'm pretty happy with it and think Addy and her babies will enjoy it.  I think the bed is going to be a few more weeks before we get it built (we have 2 months, so I think that's safe).
Photobucket

No comments: