Well this is a tad late - I guess I should just used to the idea that things like posts to the blog are going to be late - but here's our newest news!
Addison Marie arrived Sept. 30 at 7:47 at 20 inches and weighing in at 7 lb 10 oz! She is absolutely perfect and beautiful (yep I'm the mom I can say that...). Addison decided to wait until her scheduled C-section after all and Mike and I got to the hospital around 530 that morning. What a difference this was from our previous deliveries; Noah was an emergency c-section after hours and hours of labor and Josh was a repeat because of that but almost 4 weeks early and had complications and a stay in the NICU afterward. The morning was smooth, we got there and hung out in preop for a bit while they monitored stuff and had all the right people come in. My mom got to the hospital a bit before they started surgery and we hung out a bit longer til they wheeled me back, I got my spinal and Mike came in. We joked with the doctors throughout the procedure and everything went very smoothly! Addison came out screaming her head off - I loved hearing every second of that screaming too after not hearing Josh cry much it was a huge relief! After Addison was born I got to see her and then as she was getting cleaned up some and weighed and measured nurses were making sure Mike got plenty of pictures. We even got one in the OR of all 3 of us. After that, Mike went with Addison to the nursery while I talked some football and got sewn up. A little bit after surgery I was in the recovery room and then into our room shortly after that. Addison came to the room right away and was able to stay with us throughout the hospital stay.
The boys came to meet Addison around lunch time. My mom picked them up and got lunch for them to have while they visited. They were both very excited to meet her and hold her. They each had a gift from Addison to open and after opening presents and having lunch went home. The boys came up to visit one more time while we were in the hospital - that visit they had more fun playing hide and seek with Daddy than really seeing Addison, though Noah wanted to hold her again and just looked amazed with her. I was able to come home on Friday, a nice surprise since I didn't think they would let me come home til Saturday at the earliest, but Addison was doing wonderful and I wasn't having any complications - so that was awesome!! It was great to get to sleep in our own bed and not hear the sounds of the hospital all night - I do not sleep well in hospitals.
The past week and some have been very good at home, though we are still all adjusting to a new normal. The boys both absolutely adore Addison. Josh especially wants turns holding her and is constantly giving her kisses. Noah seems more aware of the differences in size - he talks all the time about her little toes and little hands. My mom was able to stay for the whole next week and it was a HUGE help. Mike went back to work last week and is able to be off this week and next. I started feeling much better after last Wed. when the staples finally came out and the last couple of days am feeling more like myself and moving better. Now I just have to remember that I'm still healing and can't do too much even though I'm feeling better. Addison has made the transition to 3 kids a bit smoother than it could have been, she seems to mostly have night and day straight and is a "good" sleeper most nights going 2 - 3 hours or so at a time. She's nursing like a champ and when she's awake seems very alert. Tomorrow is her 2 week check up already! She also is having her hearing screening redone as she failed the one at the hospital. We're not too worried about that - it seems pretty common for newborns to fail and not have real hearing loss. I will post a link to pictures soon - we seem to have a TON of pictures and I need to find a way to share them a bit better...it also seems that Kodak wants you to order from them to keep your photos stored there - which is fine but we don't tend to order prints too often so it may be time to switch storage places...we'll see!
1 comment:
Addison is adorable! The boys look so happy to have her with them (in your header picture). How wonderful that she has fit right in and the transition has been good. I'm glad you are starting to feel better!
Beautiful family!
Post a Comment