Well, from the start of this pregnancy it seems that Addison has enjoyed a bit of drama and making sure she got the attention she wanted. Again last night, she proved we had to shift our focus to her. Background - contractions have been almost daily for 1 - 2 hours close together for probably the last 3 weeks. I think the last 2 months I have had some at least throughout the day but typically they hadn't been uncomfortable or consistent. After our last trip to L&D just after 36 weeks I really didn't want to go back unless it was really really time. We have been waiting a bit longer and longer and typically it would seem after an hour or hour and a half of painful contractions about every 5 - 8 minutes things would ease up. Kind of a pain in the rear in my opinion cause I would have to basically stop what I was doing and just rest...but oh well. Yesterday we went out to Mahoney to see friends who had been camping and grill hotdogs and let the boys play and such. 4:30 contractions started and quickly I was getting very uncomfortable with them. We decided to head home to see if that would help and I could get more comfortable. By 7:30 the boys had had haircuts and baths and I was still getting very irritable contractions that made it hard to want to talk or walk about every 5 minutes. I was so cynical that this was just a false alarm, but it had been 3 hours so we called my OB - who of course wanted to make sure I wasn't in active labor even though I was doubtful since they weren't stopping. The boys were dropped off with some friends, poor Josh was tired and itchy and not the happiest, we prayed he'd have a decent night! We got to L&D and sure enough there were steady contractions - not huge spikes but very constant and now every 3 - 5 minutes it seemed. IV fluids were started, blood taken, forms filled out, a check to see how things were and then waiting. They told me they would check me again at 1030 to see if things had changed and it was indeed active labor - Mike and I were both very doubtful because there was no change from our last trip and the contractions never really spiked they just stayed constant. So at 1030, another check - only progress was a little thinning (hey it's something at this point I guess). So we got to go home. Finally at 1130 it seemed the contractions were less often and less painful and suddenly I was starving! Of course I woke up this morning with a swollen throat and feeling like I'm going to choke everytime I sneeze or cough - so probably a good thing she didn't come last night just for that reason. I'll be off to acute care later today to get something to help the throat feel better - hopefully very quickly!
Addison is scheduled to arrive via C-section Sept. 30th at 730 am...we do not have much longer! I can't wait to meet her but as ready as I am to be done being pregnant, I am glad she seems to want to wait. My mom will be out Tuesday evening late and be able to finally be here for the birth of one of her grandchildren and then the boys can have either Daddy or MeMaMa with them and Addison and I can have some company for the most part while we stay in the hospital too. I also am glad for a few extra days to get the house ready and clean - all those little things you do for spring/fall cleaning we're still working on. I'm pretty sure for 6 - 8 weeks after she's here we won't to focus on scrubbing the fronts of cabinets and dusting fans and vents, something tells me life is about to get pretty crazy around here! Now to just make it 3 more days without any more false alarms! (oh our new strategy is to wait out contractions 4 hours and I don't want to be able to talk through them at all...we'll see, Mike's not sure its quite wise to wait that long though).
No comments:
Post a Comment