Yikes! So it's been over 2 months since I posted? Seriously? Talk about slacking off, sorry. I'm going to do a very short & sweet update at the moment that's all I've got time for - Mike's finally out on the golf course and the boys are playing and dinner soon needs started. So just some high points for you from the last 2 months (and a couple of low points thrown in there too)
- July was awesome! We got to go up to Maple Lake for the 4th of July and spend a great couple of days with family and celebrate with Katie & Shawn as they got ready for their soon-to-be wedding (it's in Oct.). Grandma Lucas was there too! The boys had a blast, Noah loved the water, hated the boat because it was too loud and Josh refused to get in the water but liked the sand and entertaining everyone with kongfu poses.
- We also had a camping trip this summer - which proved to be a great weekend, though the boys did not do well sleeping in a tent and none of us got much sleep at all. We only ended up staying 1 night instead of 2 and have decided for the moment that is probably the limit for us. Still it was a good time with lots of our NE family here =)
- We spent a weekend in St. Louis visiting with Kristin and her boys toward the end of July. Ohmygoodness that was long overdue! We miss them like crazy, Corby wasn't able to be there because of his work. Kristin and her boys were visiting their family so we hung out, saw a "homecoming parade" (for those unaware this is not like in high school but rather a festival to celebrate the small town).
- Unfortunately we discovered that Josh's skin was not getting any better at all. This has been a very long and frustrating battle, we are still not completely over the hump but with short trips away from Kasey saw drastic improvement for him. That meant that we had no choice but to find Kasey a new home. I can't tell you how difficult that was, the decision was easy of course because Josh's health comes first but it was very emotional on us all. The boys did surprisingly well with the adjustment though still talk about Kasey or "Batman dog" as Noah always called her. We found her a very loving home that is very close and are welcome to visit if we wish, though we haven't decided if that will be something we do. I am just finally coming to terms with it, seems I took it the hardest.
-Other than that Mike has been super busy at work but seems to be enjoying it (minus probably paperwork aspects of the job of course) and getting things done around the house. I am not sure he knows how to sit still unless he doesn't feel well. We have a new closet downstairs that is awesome, I love it's functionalness. He also is almost done drywalling the laundry room so that it has a more finished look. We are on the hunt for cabinets that aren't too expensive to put in there, but seem to be coming up short in that department. Addison's nursery is looking good and ready for her arrival. She's proven to already be a bit of a drama queen Mike says, we have had a couple of trips to L&D for monitoring, I can't do nearly as much as I want without having contractions like crazy and have had to slow down and sit. Thank goodness Mike is home and able to help with all the things around the house that need done - I can't even grocery shop alone at the moment...frustrating for me! So there's the quick update...now off for dinner prep!
No comments:
Post a Comment