Noah was so excited this weekend when we told him he was starting preschool today. He wanted to go immediately...forget about waiting, he was ready right now to go. Monday night we went over how the morning would go so he wasn't surprised and told him that at first he'd go to church with mommy and Josh and then daddy would come and get him to take him to preschool (first MOPS meeting and the orientation for preschool wasn't until this morning so it didn't really work well for mommy to take him...which made me sad!) Monday he got out his Veggies' Tales Bible and read from it for a bit and then told us that he had done church and was ready to go to school. So sweet, but he was so sad when we told him that no it wasn't time just yet!
Tuesday morning went quickly as we got ready to head out the door. We got to church really early to make sure there was time to get last minute details done for MOPS - Noah played and ran with his two buddies that were there. He must have worn himself out, Mike got there at 830 and he was laying down from all his running!
Mike said that there were no problems when they got to preschool. The orientation was short, the director and teacher went over the curriculum and talked about how at this age they learn through playing and that everything in the room was there for a purpose though it might seem just like a toy, how stacking blocks was an early math skill, etc. (I think Mike must have been thinking "yeah yeah yeah I hear this all the time from my wife..." honestly!). Then there was time to look around the room and explore a little bit. Noah I guess acted a little bit shy, but when Mike left he was quite happy eating his cookie.
Josh and I picked Noah up after MOPS, Josh was yelling for Noah as we walked into the building, I think he missed him a bit! We got to the room and I asked how Noah did, of course! The teacher told me that he did really great and there weren't any problems at all. Noah I guess didn't want to have his picture taken, even while he was playing. Not a big shock, when he's shy he doesn't always like to have his picture taken. However, when she asked him if he wanted to go outside at one point he immediately said yes. The teacher told him he had to have his picture taken first and she said he ran right over to the wall where they had been taking pictures and stood and smiled and said cheese - so she knows what will work for him! Yep, he definitely loves to go outside and most of the time is fairly cooperative!After picking Noah up, we went and had lunch with Mike - Mike and I both asked Noah how preschool was and if he had met new friends. At this point he has refused to acknowledge he's been to school or made new friends, but he also was thoroughly exhausted so I'm sure we'll hear all about school tonight at dinner. Noah was definitely happy and playing when I picked him up, so I'm pretty sure he had a great time.
1 comment:
What a fun first day for Noah. I'm glad he enjoyed preschool. When Madisen first started, she wouldn't ever tell us about school. She would always say "I don't know" to any question, it took a few months for her to come out of that shell! LOL But I have heard that is very normal :=)
Post a Comment