Wow, it has been a long time since I posted last, sorry! There are a loads and loads of photos on Kodak though that have been updated pretty quickly so I don't feel too awful. We had a wonderful and abudant Christmas - I must say these boys are spoiled =) by all those who love them! Noah was definitely into opening presents this year and we even tried to do the webcam/Skype thing but it didn't work with both sets of grandparents being able to watch at once, so it got recorded instead and I am going to mail them cds of the video - notice I said I am going to - sorry it hasn't gotten done yet! We spent Christmas at home and had a great day remembering among all the gifts what the best gift ever was - Jesus! I kept asking Noah who's birthday it was - he kept saying Santa - ugh! Really? I know he's only 2, but I feel like we have talked lots and lots and lots about why we really have Christmas and it has not included Santa. We are not against Santa, but those discussions were about Jesus's birthday not Santa - it bummed me out. I'm sure next year will be better though.
We have also had lots of time with friends since the last post, Mike and Ken did some building before New Year's Eve to get a birthday present built for Simon - Mike was just helping and providing the tools and garage =) and Simon now has a new train table too, Mike said before he took it over that he was thinking of just swapping them out - it turned out great Ken did a wonderful job! We also spent New Year's Eve having a kid perfect day and celebrating Simon's birthday with them. We went to the Children's Museum in the am and then a buffet for lunch - perfect for the 2 year old crowd - no waiting and if you don't like what you got try something new. Also less stressful on parents' nerves with the no waiting. We had a great morning and lunch and then went home for naps - or tried for naps. Noah didn't nap at all! Josh got a super nap though and then we spent the evening at a pizza/play place - think something along the lines of Chuckee Cheese though I like this much better and it's buffet as well. My goodness the boys (I mean all 4 of the 2 and over boys - that would include the daddies!) had a grand time on the rides and playing video games and racing cars. Josh enjoyed himself as well but was tuckered out by the end of it.
Then on Friday the 2nd we had a combination birthday party to celebrate Josh's first birthday and Simon's 2nd birthday. We have so many of the same friends and I really wanted Mike to be home for the party so since we were waiting it made since to do the combination party. What a great time we had, we had it at the community center on base and I must say that was super nice. I feel like it was the most relaxed I have been before a party in a very long time. I'm sure it had something to do with not feeling the need to get and keep a house spotless before the party while the boys still wanted to play. There was tons of space for the kids to run and play and lots for them to do. We did crock-pot buffet style food and it was delicious - and also low stress. Mike liked the BBQ pulled pork sandwiches that he is demanding them again at our next gathering - which is fine cause it was not stressful at all and I agree very yummy. The theme was trains and planes and each of the boys had a cake to celebrate the theme - they turned out well and were eaten up. It was great to see everyone again and know that the kids had a super time. Both Simon and Josh got plenty of presents and Josh had two helpers to make sure his all got opened. We have such generous friends. Since then we have started to wind back down and are trying to get into a routine for the next several weeks. Mike went back to work on Monday and I am trying to not be too grouchy and selfish about not liking having just one vehicle, it just makes for a broken morning if we have anything to do - throws off the routine a bit and you all know how I love routine. It's not really that big of a deal - just need to get back into it I think and we will only have to do this for until April because the van has been ordered and will be delivered in the beginning of April! I will post pictures later this afternoon - but we are off now to get to kickboxing just wanted you to know that no we have not fallen off the face of the earth!
1 comment:
You have been busy, but it sounds like you have all enjoyed yourselves! Pulled pork sandwiches are yummy :)
Congrats on the new van...how fun!
Post a Comment