Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Review


Noah wanted to pull Mike down the hall - Josh wanted to tackle him




four handsome boys - Noah, Simon, Josh, Ryder


It has been a wonderful weekend despite a few colds that have been lingering and finding homes in our house. Noah has had a cold the past several days but this morning seems to be feeling much better. However, he decided to share his cold with mommy, thankfully it didn't really start hitting me until dessert last night. Mike and I got to spend the afternoon and evening on a wonderful date - we went to an art museum, walked around downtown looking in some of the little shops and found a great little Italian resturaunt. FINALLY! One of the stores was a used book store that had lots of little treasures in it, we found a pizza cookbook that had lots of good recipes in it and Mike is excited as we've been trying to find a good crust recipe for some time and now have some options to try (though I'm sure some of it is our skill in the kitchen needs a little fine tuning) My only disappointment in the day (other than a cold hitting me) was that I didn't get the alfredo - my meal was great, but Mike got a salmon alfredo and that was some of the yummiest alfredo I've had in a long time. The boys hung out and played with Ken and Alexis - thankfully Noah was in a good mood despite being woken up from his nap and they had a great time. We are very grateful for such good friends!




Friday night I had a good dinner out with the girls despite our horrible service - the food was yummy and the company great so it was still a good time. Noah and Josh got to hang out at home with Daddy and also Ken, Simon and Ryder. Saturday morning was spent playing with Daddy, lots and lots of playing. Mike was tired by the afternoon - the boys sure know how to run and wrestle! Now we are going to have a laid back Sunday, we'll make one service at church - I just cannot get moving fast enough and don't feel well enough to sit through both hours. Mike is going to head out to the hardware store after church with one of the boys to get some more wood for some new projects. We finally were able to get a recycling bin - so he's building a home for 2 trashcans - one for trash and one for recycling and also a new shelf for the living room.

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

I am sorry you have a cold, I hope you feel better soon! I love the picture of the four boys, it's a great shot!