Monday, January 12, 2009

Snowy Day

Well it is definitely snowing here today. Not too bad, but the wind has picked up. I'm glad that it wasn't a day the boys and I needed to be out and about. Mike went to work so he had to face the cold and the snow though. We did get to enjoy lunch together though, that is always nice. After declaring that we needed cookies and reinforcing he didn't mean today (I still am under the weather) Mike found some M&Ms. Noah immediately said "Me, too, me, too! Please M" So Mike and Noah sat down to share M&Ms, of course Josh found his way over to them and signed "more" while pointing excitedly at the bowl of M&Ms. Mike actually asked what I was teaching the boys, they have a love of chocolate already - ha it doesn't take any teaching it's just good! Other than that we have had a very laid back day with me trying to recoup and gain some energy. Tomorrow will be a busy day if the weather allows but should be lots of fun!










Noah is still trying to decide if naps are good for him - I think he still needs them but there have been days that he will spend an hour in his room and play quietly and not sleep. I can't make him sleep of course, but wish he would nap. Today I did not have the energy to battle with getting him to lay down and just gave up (yes for today we gave up that battle!). He's been pretty good but has his mind set on certain things today, one of those is that he doesn't want pants on. Really, it's below freezing outside and you don't want pants on? Crazy child, crazy! Now of course the house is not that cold, it's actually a warm 70 in here so don't worry too much about him. He has also insisted on putting his underwear on himself - this is a very good thing though today he wouldn't let me help him get them on at all and they ended up on inside out and backwards as he used one of his toy buckets as a boat to row across the living room. Boys are so fun! The other day I had to convince him there was not a bear in the hallway before nap. I am not sure where the bear idea came from, he's had this idea a couple of times recently.
For all of you in VA who claim it is cold when it's in the 30s...here's a little video of snow so you see winter. (Now if you are north of us then I realize this isn't too bad compared to the blizzards...)

And here's Noah being silly in his "boat"

No comments: