Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Bit Crazy?

Yes - I am going a little bit crazy, this time probably seriously a little bit crazy. Alexis and another friend are training to run a half marathon...Alexis has a very persuasive personality - very persuasive. So there's a book - apparently it is helpful and can help you achieve running a full marathon. So there you have it - all the world can read...I'm crazy, officially crazy. I'm going to try this. There is a local half marathon in May - that probably will not work with our schedules but there's another local one in September so that is my official goal. I have to go through the pre-training training for the non-runners cause well I am NOT a runner! So that is about 11 weeks I believe and then you start 16 weeks of training. That should be plenty of time. I am not even at this point worried that I would actually RUN the whole half-marathon, just finish, get across the finish line. Mike is very supportive of course, encouraging that it is a great goal and that I work very well when I have a set goal and friends to go through the experience with! However, when I tried to convince him to train with me - he laughed he never wants to run more than 3 miles apparently...hmmmm....not sure what to think about that!

No comments: