Monday, February 23, 2009

The Reason for the Sickness...


I have been taken over lately with sickness, utter, awful, nasty pukiness! It has hit hard the past couple weeks, just nausea and being sick once or twice a day. This weekend though it would not let up and by Sunday morning I was severely dehydrated and ended up going to the ER for some IV fluids and Zofran. Everything is fine, I am still fighting off a cold with a nasty cough on top of the morning sickness and now have almost completely lost my voice but thankfully the Zofran is allowing me to eat and not be sick all day! I am so very thankful for our friends here, the love we have here is overwhelmingly amazing! Sunday, the boys were taken care of for the day without questions or hestitation (I'm pretty sure Sandi had other plans for the day but she of course didn't mention that, just that I needed to rest) and Alexis showed up with Gatoraid, ginger ale and soup and then took me to the ER and sat for hours with me while IVs dripped - it could not have been fun, I was so hoarse already I could barely talk to be good company. There were so many other friends calling and checking on us. I had my first OB appointment today and despite Noah's insistance that there were 2 babies, there is just 1 baby! Whew, can't imagine having 4 under 4...we are so glad to have 1 blessing on the way. The baby's heartbeat seemed very strong and was evident right away on the ultrasound. Mike is refering to the baby as "she" I am not sure he wants me sharing that - but he didn't say not to! I know that he would love to have a little girl, but of course will be thrilled regardless. Noah also says that it is a baby girl when you ask him. We have a long time before we'll know but for now are just thrilled to pieces to see that tiny heart beating away. We are continuing to pray for God's blessing on this new addition for a healthy time growing and developing before we welcome them into our arms. Already, we are so in love, God is truly amazing and great in his blessings!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

That is wonderful that you have such amazing friends close by! I am glad the Zofran is helping some too.

What a surprise that would have been if Noah was right, two babies :) That one little pumpkin is a sweet blessing :)