It is only Feb. which normally means our temps are still pretty frigid but we had a bit of a heat wave this weekend! We took some time to enjoy the weather and head outdoors! What an awesome thing it was to be in the sunshine and warm weather. The boys absolutely had a blast at the zoo. We saw the "big cats" as Noah called them and the gorillas and monkeys and even made our way to see some of the birds. It was such a great time. Noah is really becoming a chatter box the last few days and has a great time imitating animals. We had gone to the gym earlier in the day, I got my workout in and Mike and the boys played. It really seems to be quickly becoming a favorite thing for Noah, who will request "gym time" almost every day. We left the zoo and took the boys straight to some friends' for naps and some play time while Mike and I enjoyed a date afternoon. We actually went and painted 2 plates at a paint your own pottery place - a little different for a date and it was nice. We made one plate that said "happy birthday" and one that said "good job" that we'll use to celebrate family accomplishments and birthdays, when it's your day you get to use the special plate. Hopefully it will help us to remember to celebrate the "everyday accomplishments" with the boys as they grow. We had a great early dinner and then picked up the boys and visited. So thankful for great friends, and of course I am glad for a super husband. I got a whole day today of just time for me, lunch with a friend, some shopping (new makeup, haven't done that in a LONG time!), and even a pedicure. I f
eel completely pampered and so appreciate him. 

1 comment:
I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy your nice weather your having! The zoo is always a fun place. I'm glad you had a great date night, and a fun girls day being pampered!
Post a Comment