Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some of our Recent Adventures

We are having crazy weather in NE - last week on Tuesday it was warm enough to go outside without coats, by Friday we were getting snowed in! Now again today it was warm enough to go out without big heavy winter coats. So crazy, it is playing havoc on everyone's heads, allergies and such. We are starting to recover from our illness of last week - Josh seems to be feeling more himself, though he is still working on cutting several teeth (the child is so slow to cut teeth!) but other than that he is getting toward feeling better. Noah is doing well, his ear isn't hurting and he is much less congested! Yeah, soon we'll feel better I hope.

So Friday we got lots of snow and instead of just sitting in the house we all got bundled up and headed out to the backyard to play. Kasey loved it! She had a ball running around and playing fetch with us and sticks. She was running around, chasing her tail, and barking at herself. Noah had fun, he liked playing in the snow and swinging. Josh didn't seem to enjoy the snow as much, he was okay when he was standing still, liked swinging but wanted to go back in the house. Saturday, we had two friends from church come over and help out - what a huge help they were! Such sweet girls to give up their day to help us. It was a good thing too, because I was STUPID and thought I turned a burner off, moved a pan off the burner but left the handle over it, came back and grabbed the handle - yeah I had turned it to high! OUCH! Burned my hand, but not nearly as bad as I could have so I am glad. The girls helped me finish dinner and played with the boys, who were a bit grumpy and not quite themselves. I really must say that I am so blessed by the church family we have here, truly a blessing!

Sunday and Monday were pretty normal days for us, I was starting to feel worse on Sunday and Monday wasn't a ton better so we played the days low-key. The boys probably needed some low key days, as they are feeling better now. Today though we headed to the Y and the children's museum. Poor Noah, I just don't know what was going on, he is usually the one who runs in and goes straight to play waving to me and saying "bye mommy" today though he had a complete melt down when I dropped him off at the Y. I felt terrible leaving him, however, I know that he may need to realize that throwing a fit won't get us out the door and that he has to calm down and also that I will be back without too much time passing. I did a "lame" workout as I spent much of the night before puking and was afraid to push it too much and completely dehydrate myself. Yuck! I was still able to keep a decent pace compared to what I started with 4 or 5 weeks ago - I am trying to focus on that and that I was still faster than 4 weeks ago even though I was slower than a week ago. After the Y we met some friends at the children's museum and had a ball playing. Noah and Josh both really enjoyed themselves and I was really proud of how well Noah did listening today, he was just so good and remembered to let someone know when he had to go potty! We went to lunch after that at a Mexican place, the poor host choked on the number when he asked us how many of the 11 in our party were kids - 7, he said it twice, looking at us like we were crazy. We might be crazy but there were definitely 7 kids.
Josh is now able to climb up onto the dining room chairs and the couches without having to step on anything to help him up. He thinks he is pretty big stuff and climbs up the dining room chair and then pounds on the table and claps - I guess he pounds first so he gets your attention before he applauds his efforts. He's such a little ham sometimes. He also was mooing today when he was playing with a cow. I am glad he's getting some "words" or sound associations, I am sure I will be worried for awhile about his hearing. He hasn't added many words but is mooing and trying to make other animal noises. We'll see how he is doing in a couple months. Noah has seen leaps and bounds of improvement in his speech in the last few weeks. He is really starting to use sentences that are longer and a little more complex. It is interesting to see a glimpse of what is going on inside his little brain.

2 comments:

The Curry Family said...

I love the snow pictures! And Kasey looks just like our Coda. I'm sure the boys love having her around. I'm glad to hear you are all finally feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Those snow pictures are so cool! I bet they had a ton of fun!