Sunday, September 12, 2010

Addison's Kitchen - in the works

(a bit of a repeat from Facebook stuff - sorry if you've heard it twice ;-) but here it is again)

Mike and I decided we wanted to get Addy a play kitchen for her birthday (knowing the boys would also enjoy it) but I didn't want plastic since it'd be in the living room and yes I'm picky (we all knew that no one should act surprised here). So found some ideas online for taking a nightstand and transforming it, well we are doing an entertainment center of sorts and going to transform it. Hopefully it will turn out well and be done by her birthday party.  Mike has been working very hard on getting it done (along with other projects I've roped him into doing!).  The priming and painting we shared the work, but otherwise it has been mostly him - such a great daddy!  We chose a bright, vibrant green color (chopped chive) and have both been happy with the choice.  It looks even better now that Mike has gotten polyurethane on it and the knobs for the stove got the same blue we used for the armoires in the dining room - so pretty together!  The sink and parts for it came from the ReStore (Habitat for Humanity's resale thrift store!)  It couldn't have been better, she'll have a real sink with a faucet, kitchen sprayer, and even a filtered water spout (and all for just over $12! can't beat that).  The boys were helping Mike in the garage today and he said their favorite part was the sprayer and the fact that the practice golf balls fit in the hole in the sink.  I'm not sure if we are going to cover it or just let it be.  The oven door still needs put on and the burners need finished, but that's about it until it's finish.  I love the inside of the oven, it's a textured spray paint and looks kind of like a real oven.  I keep debating on adding some little fabric boxes to the side...we'll see if that gets done, maybe something to add later.  I think she's really going to enjoy it!

No comments: