We had our second week of AWANA in Las Vegas! I was so excited that the church we found here had AWANA, it was truly something I missed doing last year while we were in Bellevue (we had AWANA there but with Mike deployed and a brand new baby and NE winters...I wasn't sure we could manage. The 2 years before that I had worked with T&T girls and LOVED it, missed my girls so much!) Anyway, Noah is old enough to do Cubbies and I volunteered to help and then got Mike helping, too. The church has a Wed. night Celebration service also, so child care wasn't an issue and didn't even need arranged. Mike is helping in Sparks and I am in T&T as a floater (though it seems there is still a wait list for Cubbies...I think I may see if it would be better for me to switch, I wouldn't mind at all and would rather more kids got to do it). Noah has practiced his verse all week, we've all been saying actually. He was saying it from memory this weekend, which surprised me, but of course we were very proud of him too! He must have gotten it tonight all by himself too. Josh is even saying the verse with us ;-)
It is so great to be back in AWANA and we're so excited that Noah gets to start participating, too! It's never too early to start hiding God's word in our hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment