So seriously the week has been full, busy and crazy...but we've had a blast. I'm going to try to get in as many updates from our week as I can.
First Saturday after some pancakes, we headed out to run some errands and went to Touch-A-Truck. It's a really neat, free event they do in Omaha, lots of trucks from all over in one big parking lot. The kids got to, well, touch the trucks. They climbed in and pretended to drive, watched these little radio control cars/trucks doing cool tricks, blew the horns on some of the trucks and watched a helicopter take off. Noah, Elora, and Josh all had a fabulous time! Sunday we of course went to church, then tried to have the truck fixed...well I thought it needed fixed, I thought we needed some lights in the back replaced. Turns out that no we don't have to have them replaced, the taillights work, the brake lights work...so the other lights are going to wait til Mike gets home to be replaced since we can drive legally. Apparently the bedliner has to come out or something...ugh it was frustrating. Then Holli was taking pictures of her boys out by the fields by the church and was kind enough to offer to take pictures for us. Holli takes great pictures and I was thrilled to take her up on the offer. After that we went and had dinner at a Chinese buffet with Alexis and boys. Simon and Noah were good, but energetic and it was so nice that the people around us weren't just annoyed as we tried to remind them of manners and to sit while they ate...instead they made comments about how Noah was going to be a good drummer one day and how happy the boys were. Seriously, bless these people do you know how kind and welcome those words to two very tired mommas? How wonderful! I hope that I can be that kind to others, it really just was affirming and so nice to not feel we were a burden on them while they ate, we were trying to have the boys have polite table manners, but for the 2 and under crowd is a thing that takes constant reminding!
Monday Josh had a follow up for his ears. The good news is we have a referall to ENT - we'll be seeing the ENT doc on base since they have one again, I was a little disappointed with that. I really liked the doctor that Noah saw and was hoping to see her again with Josh. I want to keep an open mind, and our appointment is the 12th of Nov. so that's not too far from now. His ears were slightly red and still had fluid, lots of fluid in them. Poor little man. We also got something new to try for his eczema...it is now just all over. It seems to be working. We also changed what he's getting bathed in so hopefully we'll have it all under control before the really cold weather comes in town. We also all went to get shots...yes all of us. that wasn't much fun, I didn't take the stroller in...silly on my part. Noah only had to get 1 and when he saw me get two, he said my turn and took it super well! I was so proud of him. He only had to get a flu shot, I got my flu shot and a tetnaus booster, Josh got a flu shot and his last Hep B shot. We also made it to the Y on Monday and then had dinner with Sandi (we're doing Monday night dinners, it's such a treat!)

Tuesday was the Y again and the pumpkin patch with Alexis, Simon and Ryder. The boys had a really great time playing on their playground and were super excited to go on the tractor ride. The "big" tractor! We picked out a pumpkin and took tons of pictures.


Wed. was of course Bible study, lunch, then we got to hang out with Ethan again. That was lots of fun and I'm so glad to finally be able to return the favor to Sara! We squeezed in a trip to the grocery store too. We also had AWANA that evening, the girls worked super hard Wed. night, Sandi & I were so proud of them! Wed.'s always seem to just fly by!

Thursday we did a little swimming, had fun while Elora was over and tried to do a little baking. I also had to go have a filling redone - not the most fun but it wasn't bad. Thursday night was also the big Auburn vs. West Virginia game; since we of course root for the Blue & Gold at our house, we had to invite Alexis and boys over to let them root for the Blue & Orange. Simon is so cute when he says Go War Eagle; I asked him if he could say Let's Go Mountaineers and he promptly told me NO! LOL! I'm not sure the pompoms were a good idea - more like weapons than cheering aids and I think we only watched maybe 15 or 20 minutes of the game but we did have fun all around.
Friday has been the Y again (notice the trend? The Y is being very generous and supportive of military families at the moment and I am very appreciative and taking advantage of getting to workout while the boys are watched and playing or using the pool to have fun with all of us together!), the post office, a quick run to Target. The boys took awesome naps today too! That was so exciting, I got both bathrooms clean, the kitchen clean, and 2 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away - that is HUGE in this house! We made milk jug pumpkins this afternoon, which was lots of fun. Noah and Elora both enjoyed shaking the jugs all around to get the paint all over. We had Bible study tonight, I left both the boys tonight too...so thankful for Michelle & Mike for not minding the little man who takes a little more work. He went to bed at his normal time though and I guess did just fine. Noah of course loved playing with the big boys and didn't sit still for long. 
So - we've been crazy busy this week, but it has been a great week. Tomorrow we may go to the farm...depending on the weather. I'm updating the Kodak site almost daily if you want to check out even more pictures.

1 comment:
You have been busy! I'm sure it helps the days pass quickly though, and seems like a lot of fun! The milk jug pumpkins are so cute!
Post a Comment