Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things I am Thankful for on my Birthday

Today is my birthday, though it doesn't necessarily seem like anything extra special to me to celebrate - I am reminded of just how much love there is! I am so very thankful for so many things, so many wonderful people in my life to share these moments, big and small and for friends making sure the day is special. So today I am just thankful, here are just a few reasons...
1. For Kasey coming home - she escaped through a slat that came loose in the fence
2. For my dad who is always calm when I just need someone to freak out to - reminding me to stay calm even though I know that is what I should do - it's good to have a reminder
3. For grace from friends when I am running late because above dog escaped and ran
4. For a husband who makes sure the garage is organized and stocked so I can handle any repairs and fixes that need done
5. For a yummy cake (thanks Sara) and friends to help me celebrate my birthday
6. The huge pile of cards in my mailbox from family and friends

How could I even doubt that this day should be special? I really am such a very blessed lady, thank you to all who help make it so!

* Kasey ran away but did come home, somehow not getting gas yesterday turned out to be a good thing, we had to come home so I could get my wallet and go get gas to keep looking for Kasey I thought, we pulled in the drive way and she leaped toward the truck once we were parked. The fence is fixed despite the rainy weather, and both boys napped long enough for me to do that - it has indeed been a good day!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

What a wonderful post! I hope you had a great birthday! I'm glad Kasey came home too!