Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy 10 Months Josh!


Really, time is slipping away so quickly it seems. This morning as we were taking Josh's month picture, Mike kept telling him we had just done this! It sure does feel that way. Josh is sleeping through the night consistently now!!! WHOOHOO! I'm sure if you have ever not slept through the night for 7 months and then on and off for the for the next month, you'll understand our excitment! Even if not, trust me this is a REALLY good thing. Other than that, Josh continues to cruise around the house, he's a very speedy crawler and loves to chase after Noah and any other friends that are here playing. He likes to take steps when we hold his hands, but yet I don't see the same excitment that Noah had when he's just cruising around trying to let go and take steps on his own - which we are certainly fine with - so I'm not sure we'll be walking anytime soon and that's okay! Josh is also starting to clap for reasons, it doesn't seem he just randomly does it anymore, instead he claps when Noah comes in the room, or I walk in the room, when he sees someone he knows. Separation anxiety is also improving this month, hopefully it will continue to be good. Other than that, Josh is an eating machine! He is almost always eating more than Noah eats these days and apparently loves burritoes!

We are starting to introduce the concept of no to Josh, of course that means we say no and simply redirect him to something else, but he is into absolutely everything he shouldn't be in it seems. He loves the fireplace and unrolling toilet paper and throwing Kasey's food all around the kitchen. Josh it seems is also going to have a pretty good arm, or atleast a love for throwing. Hours a day are spent throwing dog food, balls, letters and then chasing after them.

Josh seems taller too, though he won't have a check up until he's 1! He does have a follow-up on the 20th for his ears, he's had 3 ear infections since he's last follow-up...poor baby. So I figure we'll know how much he weighs and I'm going to see if they'll measure his height too just to satisify my curiosity.


Check out his 10 month picture...he really does seem to be growing tall and lean! (sorry we dont' have the other pictures on the computer, we got tired of the slowness and pain of Vista and went back to XP - so all the pictures are on the external hard-drive and I haven't transfered any old ones back...)

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

I love your idea of taking monthly pictures with a stuffed animal! It's so hard to believe that one year birthday's are just around the corner. Happy 10 months, Josh!