Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Josh!







So it has really been a year - really? Today Josh turned 1, I can hardly believe it has been a year - I woke up this morning at 2 am (dont' worry I went back to sleep) but kept thinking, we had welcomed Josh into the world a year ago today but had yet to hold him as he was in the NICU and had a breathing tube in. I remember how restless I slept or tried to sleep that night, how heavy my heart was - and then sighed because God is good, so good. This morning I went back to sleep knowing Josh was snug in his bed in the next room - finally sleeping through the night and doing so well. Josh is beginning to walk more and more, but he's so quick crawling if he wants to get somewhere fast he'll crawl. He's starting to jabber in sounds that are more like words than gibberish, it seems he's starting to repeat some sounds now - those tubes must be working!


We had a very busy, fun-filled day. We started the day with chocolate chip pancakes - a family favorite. Then we headed to the base for the squadron's children's Christmas party to help set up (little help I was with the boys) but we had fun. I think Noah must have been hungry, we had a few rough moments until we had lunch. AFter that he was great and enjoyed the puppet show and then seeing Santa. Josh wasn't too thrilled with Santa and was getting so sleepy.


We ended the night with dinner with friends here and then cupcake decorating for our birthday party for Jesus tonight. Josh got a cupcake to dig into - he was so entertained with the cupcake, he was touching it and pushing it and just giggled and laughed but didn't really dig in to it. I tried and tried to get him to take a bite, but he didn't want a bite. He's getting so big and growing up so much. Mike is going to be so surprised when he gets home to see this walking, laughing, jabbering boy!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

Happy First Birthday Josh! This year really has gone by so fast, but I am so glad I have gotten to know your family!