It is Friday - it was a whiney Friday here at our house, so be glad you didn't spend the day with us =) Noah did not nap today despite best efforts, Josh took a very short nap and only one today so it was not surprising but not a ton of fun. The boys about 30 minutes before I decided we'd head back to read stories and get to bed, they were both laughing and chasing each other around the table. Such sweet hearts, most of the time. We are snowed/iced in at the moment, we had sleet, thunder, lightening, and then snow starting last night through this morning - who knew you could have thunder and lightening with snow storms? We have had a good week, pretty low key but good. We finally were able to return to the gym now that diapers are normal - it was great to get a good workout in and the boys had fun playing. We've run errands, finished wrapping presents, I have found room in the laundry room to keep the abudance of presents that have arrived in the mail (our family is really way too generous), had the house cleaned, and then had the yucky weather. The boys are in bed tucked away, and now I have lots of things to reogranize and stock away from various projects and then Sunday school stuff to get together but I wanted to let you know how the boys are doing...
Noah is continuing to learn more and more words and his speech is getting clearer. He is also great about pointing things out to me - like wheels, stars, the moon, and trucks specifically. He has also really loved watching Charlie Brown this week (I dvr'd it from one night) - he has woken up and asked for 'harile bown" several times. He laughs so hard at Snoopy's antics. I love it! He also is pushing mommy's buttons this week and the boundaries on a regular basis. I am trying to remember that this is healthy and expected behavior from a 2 year old, he should feel confident in himself and assured of abilities and that will lead him to want to make sure I really will follow through with boundaries and consequences - I am trying, trying and praying for eyes that let me see this wonderfully active, exuberant child with the eyes like God has and understanding of how to delicately handle these situations. Because while Noah is pushing boundaries, when he is dealt a negative consequence, it has been shattering to him this week - he seems sensitive and I don't want to deal too harshly with him, I want to be firm and consistent but not squash his spirit.
Josh had his well baby visit this week - it was a 2 1/2 hour ordeal! Both boys went with me, they both did very well considering it was at 130 and that is nap time at our house. Josh is doing well, he's meeting all the milestones that he should be meeting. He weighed 20lbs 5oz (16%) and is 28.5 inches long (14%) but get this - he's got a noggin in the 90% =) He is still dealing with eczema and we aren't seeming to have great success at clearing it all up with any of the treatments we have tried so we have a referal to dermotology. It probably will just be something that we continue to deal with his entire life, but I hope the discomfort can be handled better. Josh also got his 1 year shots, got blood drawn for a lead level test and got some medicated shampoo for his eczema covered scalp. He has also begun to walk more and more, I feel confident saying that he's a walker now...he was even this evening trying to run after Noah - now he didn't have great luck and fell flat on his face but quickly crawled to get Noah.
Tomorrow we are heading out to Bass Pro Shop with Alexis and boys to have some time out of the house and burn some energy before heading home for naps and then after naps some dinner and playing. We are hoping to have a busy Saturday and Sunday and will probably update sometime Monday. Hope you are all warm and well!
2 comments:
We love to play at Bass Pro Shop too! Madisen loves to watch the fishes there.
I'm glad both boys are doing so well!
I'm glad I have you to tell me what is healthy & expected behavior for a 2 yr old! Everyone did comment on our trip that Braylen had changed & was calmer, but he still is a 2 yr old!
Post a Comment