We have had a week to recover and are getting back in the swing of things. Unfortunately I haven't been great about taking pictures this week but there are a few I will post here with bits into what we've been up too. Sunday we started the Advent Wreath with the boys, it is styrofoam covered in ribbon and some felt flames - not the most sophisticated but at least they can participated in lighting the candles with us.
Monday after taking Josh to the doctor again, we knew he wasn't contagiously sick, just still recovering from the virus and what it had done to his institines. Josh has always been a little guy but unfortunately after 2 weeks of sickness has lost just over a pound. I am hoping by his well baby 1 year check up on the 17th that he will have at least gained back the pound (he's at 18 lbs 11 oz right now). We had dinner at Sandi's for our weekly dinner with the girls and kids. Tuesday we were able to make my MOPS meeting, which was really nice and productive. Noah had a great time playing of course with all his friends while I was at my meeting. We spent Tuesday night playing cars together. That was such a blast! Wednesday was Bible study and AWANA. Thursday we stayed home and played and got odds and ends done.
Thursday evening Sandi and Elora came over and while the kids played we got some things done that needed done for AWANA. Noah and Elora were so funny playing, they had a great time. After dinner Noah heard the word bath and was ready to be in the tub - so everyone got baths and we got to bed.
Today we checked out the public library (we normally have been going to the base library - options are good) and were joined by Sandi and Elora. It had a really nice section for the children's books and included a fun alphabet rug and some puzzles. I was surprised at how well Noah and Elora did on a puzzle that didn't have places cut out for each piece, one that had all the pieces touching - if that makes sense. They are all growing so fast! Noah enjoyed being there, though of course the waiting and being quiet is often hard on busy little boys. We are working on that though and will be sure to check out some of the activities they offer. I think being a bigger library they are able to offer more specific story times - we had tried the story time on base earlier this year; it did not go well, it was more for 4 and over and well it just wasn't interactive enough or with stories that grabbed Noah's attention. I haven't tried since then, but they have a toddler story time for the 2 - 3 year old crowd so we will be sure to try that soon.
After the library and signing up for new library cards for the whole family we headed to the learning center. Josh was starting to get sleepy but was okay crawling around and standing - he stood for long periods but refused to take any steps. Noah was able to peddle the tricycle today, that was neat. He also sat and listened to one of the songs/stories with Ms. Julie. We had lunch and then ran to Target for some things. Neither of the boys cooperated to nap when we got home, Josh had napped while we were at Target so I wasn't surprised with him. Though of course now at 545 they are both sleeping...oh well I will wake them soon so we have a decent bed time!
1 comment:
I love the action shot of Noah jumping into the big pile of balls. Josh will be walking before you know it. I'm sorry he still isn't feeling well, and he lost so much weight. I hope he'll be able to gain it back.
Post a Comment