Saturday night, Josh took a late nap and Noah and I started making salt dough ornaments, super easy to mix and they held together well while Noah helped me roll out the dough and cut the ornaments with cookie cutters. Tonight after dinner, I got out the craft paint and brushes and let Noah and Josh go to town on them. They are so funny, Josh at first wasn't sure what to do of course, but soon caught on and enjoyed whirling his paint brush and even got some paint on the ornaments. Noah started out using the brushes on the ornaments and after Josh had his hand in paint he wanted to paint his hand. Well at first he said "aint Mommy's hand" when I declined to take part he decided to use his own, which was quite a surprise to me. If you remember at Thanksgiving, we tried to do turkeys out of his hand prints and ended up with my handprints. Noah really enjoyed painting on his hand, then pressing his hand on all his ornaments to get them painted. They are definitely the work of a very fun-loving, exploring 2 year old! After baths and thankfully getting them both clean (craft paint not washable cause I didn't want it to come off the ornaments so easily) Noah was looking at the tree, he found the "M" ornament that Mike got from Sandy, he says M. I went to explain that the M was for Mike, Daddy's name is Mike so it's daddy's ornament. Noah persisted with "no" finally I asked him why, he said "no M - M mommy!" Well what do you know? I guess Noah knows that mommy starts with M, pretty cool what the little sponges soak up isn't it?


1 comment:
How fun! I love all the crafts you do with Noah and Josh. You are a wonderful and fun mom :)
Way to go Noah, such a smart boy!!
*We miss you over on the board*
Post a Comment