So we have had a wonderful day, probably close to a perfect day in Noah's book. We had breakfast and played and then headed to the library. After checking out lots of new books we headed to Target - or as Noah says "O" but he did not want to go to Target - still he was good and it was a quick trip (we had to get Josh a new pair of shoes, one of the others got left outside and Kasey ate it). We then had lunch at Noah's favorite place and went to the children's museum - the boys loved it!! We had a lot of fun and it was a great change of scenery. Josh seems to be getting his appetite back and finally is okay to play. Josh was even standing on his own, he would be holding on to something and let go, stand there in awe for awhile. He also was taking some steps. I tried to get it on video - hard to do alone though.
Once we were home, Josh went to take a nap and Noah was having a snack of cheerios, fruity so they are very bright colors. Suddenly he's crying and saying "ow ow ow" well I didn't know what to think or what was wrong and when I asked him he kept pointing to his nose - sure enough he had a cheerio firmly stuck up his nose! A bright green cheerio...I tried to get him to blow it out, he still hasn't gotten the hang of blowing his nose though so that didn't work. Next we tried to suck it out with the nose sucker thing (so technical I know) and that didnt work. He was more and more upset and I called Sara finally (who I am sure is so sick of questions from me lately) who suggested to try giving Noah a popsicle to distract him and using tweezers. Most of the cheerio did come out and the rest I am pretty sure disolved as he had bright green bugers...yuck! I don't know where he gets these ideas, but certainly we are on our toes here most days with him. thankfully I didn't have to go into the Urgent care place and ask them to get the cheerio out - that would have provided quite the chuckle for everyone I'm sure but I'm glad to not have had to make the trip.
1 comment:
Look at Josh go, awesome!! He'll be one so soon, hard to believe how the time flies!
Silly Noah, cheerios aren't for noses! :) My niece stuck a piece of gum up her nose a few weeks ago...must be fairly interesting! LOL
I'm glad that you were all better and able to enjoy your Thanksgiving...and even relax! You deserve it!
Post a Comment