


So it's been almost two weeks - sorry! We have been busy busy here! We of course had our normal week activities - MOPS, Bible study for me and playing for the boys, the commissary and AWANA. We have also been going to the Y a lot and the boys are enjoying getting to play with new friends (well Noah is enjoying it, Josh is mostly tolerating it and getting more adjusted I hope) and of course when we have the chance for us all to swim it is a blast as well. I will add pictures - that will catch you up on Halloween! We did painting for pumpkins this year, we also went to the fall festival our church had which Noah had a blast at - we spent an hour at the bounce house. We got to spend time with Elora and Sandi and Alexis, Ryder, and Simon lots these last two weeks too - which was really great.
Josh also has another double ear infection - on Saturday night the sitter noticed how much he was pulling on his ears, at this point I am constantly questioning whether him tugging on his ears is just me being paranoid or what, but sure enough that night was a rough night and he didn't sleep well. By Sunday afternoon, he just was not himself and we decided to make an appointment and sure enough he has another DOUBLE ear infection - our poor baby! So he is slowly getting better, but it is still not gone - unless he is being held, eating, or sleeping he is fussy 80% of the time. I hate that he feels so bad. We also went to his hearing test today and he has significant hearing loss, this was upsetting but not surprising. Noah had mild hearing loss when he had tubes, so I was sad that Josh's hearing seems worse but am hoping his ENT appointment next week also proves to be a step in the direction of getting him better. On another note, he is crawling on his hands and feet (not his knees) about half the time now, he is trying to push up sometimes to standing too - interesting bit of development.
Noah is doing well, he is starting to repeat more words. He's not using a ton of new words on his own, but is repeating words more often than he had been previously. That is exciting, he still has a ways to go to catch up I feel and it is just nice to see that he's continuing to make progress. He is also a jumping and hopping mad man lately. Oh this boy is going to break something I'm afraid - he is jumping and climbing off lots of things. I am working on teaching him what is okay to climb on and jump down from and what is not, I don't think we can simply tell him not to climb and jump - that won't work but he is learning what's okay and what isn't - which isn't to say he's not testing his limits daily! In the pool at the Y he has loved jumping from the side of the pool into my arm, he will sometimes go under completely too which is new. He will also walk out in the water up to his chin. He is getting so brave but absolutely loves to swim. I'm sorry that it has been so so long since I have updated, we have been on the go lately and I need to do better! Enjoy the pictures!
1 comment:
It looks like you have a little helper when you do the dishes too, isn't it great ;)
I love the picture of Noah in his cowboy, so cute! You have been busy!
Poor Josh! I hope the appointment next week with the ENT will get you closer to the tubes, and hopefully closer to being pain free for Josh.
Post a Comment