Monday, March 14, 2011

Alterations

Addison enjoying our drink while we were shopping Friday
So probably not terribly exciting to post - but I'm pretty happy with the results so you get to read about it, sorry!  Addy is our skinny-minnie, which is fine but it has made finding clothes a bit hard.  Not impossible since I figured out how to add my own adjustable waist to skirts & pants & shorts (well I discovered a tutorial online really!)  Well her 12 month pants still fit in the waist but were too short.  I had most of them in a bag to take to MOPS to donate...I just hadn't gotten them there yet.  Then I came across a tutorial on one of my favorite blogs (http://www.makeit-loveit.com) that turned pants into shorts.  Brilliant, and idea that I had even thought of but hadn't figured out how to do it without having the hems be all wonky.  A simple slit and it made it much easier.  She also shared some ideas for making skirts out of pants that were too short.  So Addy had 6 pairs of pants that tonight went from being pants to 3 skirts & 5 pairs of shorts.  The best part was that some of her jeans had adorable embroidery on them and now we can enjoy the girly patterns a little longer and just in time for spring (which seems to have sprung in the desert) and into the hot months of summer!  I think she'll be pretty set for summer now after some alterations and our little shopping trip on Friday where we found lots of good deals on cute little tops in 24 months. 

Addy in her "new" shorts (they're a tad long but that's okay)
The finished products...definitely better than just getting rid of them

No comments: