Friday, September 26, 2008

Golf...Who Knew?

So Mike got a set of clubs for a wedding gift (thanks Michael!) 5 years ago (okay really that long? wowzer!). Anyway, since then he has had several chances to play and goes when he can. He really enjoys golf, and I was always glad it was something he had a good time doing. I thought it was nice for him to have a hobby. We had talked at one point about me trying to play, but that was when Noah was still incubating and it didn't seem like a good time to try. Well, we have several friends here who golf, and I have a few girlfriends who I know golf some too. So today we went - me, Mike, Ken & Alexis. Mike & I went to the range earlier this morning so I could at least have swung a club before getting to the course. I did okay, there's a lot to think about apparently while you swing, I figured if I at least hit a few balls I would be doing good. Then we went to a 9-hole course on base to play. Well, I was super slow, but overall I think I'm hooked. I had such a great time. I even hit a few decent shots (everyone else said they were good, so I guess they were). So it will definitely be something to do again. Now I keep thinking that it is nice to have another couple we are friends are with who plays, we can either go together or swap kids to go sometime. I told Mike he might be in trouble though, if we play some more this spring and next summer next year I may want a set of clubs myself. I don't think he minds the thought though, it really is nice to have something else we enjoy doing that is together. (by the way, we made it through 7 holes before we needed to go get kids and I think I hit a 59 - probably pretty bad but that's okay I've had putt-putt scores almost that high) Now we just have to wait to happily repay Sandi for watching the boys so her and Alan can go do something fun.

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

How fun! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and you and Mike found a new hobby to have together :)