A little bit to fill you in on Noah's life lately. First, we are continuing to see improvements with his speech, which is encouraging to us. We just have to remember to slow down and wait for him when we are talking to him. It seems lately that we are getting more words in a sentence from him without any prompting on our part. For example, he'll say "your turn mommy" or "your turn daddy" and "want adio on please" (adio = radio). It is exciting to see him express himself more clearly and get a bigger glimpse into the workings of his mind. He even asked me "why" this morning, though I can't remember about what. That is very exciting to me.
Noah's also gone to the dentist this past week. He had a great time playing with the picture cards on the floor, climbing in and out of my lap, and charming everyone. He didn't seem afraid of the tools as they showed them to him, even when she showed Noah "Mr. Thirsty" and explained that it went in your mouth he was opening his mouth to try it out. I was really pleased that he stayed by my chair the whole time and played the toys and things that he was allowed to play with. The office was great with him and even let him help count my teeth and ride in the chair by himself. He was a little unsure about the chair going up when he was alone in it though. This was just a "happy" visit for him, he won't have a real visit until he's about 3 but I am glad it was a good first experience at the dentist.
It also seems that Noah's starting to remember things longer. He's of course learning lots and lots and remembers lots of letters, numbers, etc. But it seems that we have just recently realized that he remembers things about the past in more specific detail. Mike was putting him to bed tonight, Noah likes to have a puzzle some nights to go to sleep playing, so Mike handed him the shape puzzle from his shelf. This was the same puzzle I had given him last night and then moved to the shelf before I went to bed, so he hadn't played with it since then. Well one of the pieces was missing and Noah got upset and was pointing between his bed and the wall, the missing puzzle piece sure enough was down between the bed and wall.
1 comment:
Yay for Noah! I'm glad he did so well at the dentist, he'll be all ready for his turn when he's 3! I'm glad things are going so well :)
Post a Comment