Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy 9 Months Josh


Can you believe our baby is 9 months old already? He's growing up so much, though I don't feel like he's gotten much taller or heavier in the last month but of course that's just my gut feeling. He's been crawling after Noah everywhere though so despite the fact that he eats like a small horse he isn't gaining a ton of weight. He's officially gotten 2 teeth you can see, his second tooth popped through this past Wed. the 10th. He'd been cranky a few days before it finally came through so we are all very glad it's in! Josh is also clapping, sometimes it seems very random, but there are other times it seems quite purposeful because he's happy or excited. It also seems another favorite thing to do is to shake his head back and forth, he's really quite funny when he does it. He's getting a little more time with the push truck too and can really get some speed "walking" with that. He continues to try to switch from object to object when he's cruising around and is getting braver about letting go when he's standing up holding onto things and tries to stand, though its only a few seconds until he falls on his bottom.

On a not so fun developmental stage I believe he's beginning to have separation anxiety. It wasn't a great week dropping him off at the nursery in church and this week it was really just once that I left him as the other two times I was helping in his room. Noah seemed to go through it a lot earlier and just recently is 'over" it so I am not super excited about it, but developmentally it's suppose to be healthy they say - just not easy on mom when they need dropped off. I guess I should be glad we didn't have to deal with it for 9 months with Josh. Noah seemed to cycle in and out of it for the first 2 years of his life, hopefully Josh will have just a few short cycles.

2 comments:

Kristin Carlson said...

Ok, I just have to post & say that I have been totally absent from the world of blogging & just caught up on you all & your pics (although, I think I was already fairly caught up through talking to you). First, let me say, happy 9 months Josh. Wow, it goes by fast. Second, I think I saw in a few pics that Mike was holding a baby & it wasn't his own! Wow, fatherhood really changes some people. It was great to see you in KC. We are back in Minot for about 10 days. I've learned not to get settled...

The Curry Family said...

Happy 9 month birthday, Josh! Separation anxiety isn't fun, we're going through that with Talon too. I love his pictures with the bear!