Thursday, September 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

I can't help but post today and just say that I hope we all stopped and said a prayer for all those who lost loved ones 7 years ago, for those serving our country in so many ways and thier families who keep the homefront strong. I've thought about what it will be like having to tell Noah & Josh as they learn history in school what that day was like for us, it will be hard even though we were not hit with as much tragedy as many, but important to remember and share with them. Right now they are too little, but one day we'll have to talk.

Our week has been so busy, Mike & I were talking tonight about just feeling like the week got away from us, it seemed crammed full every day and things that were planned for the week to do at home didn't necessarily get done. That's alright, there are those weeks and the things at home that matter get done. Still our mornings are a rush right now, but it is a good rush and routine I think. It's week two of everyone leaving the house by 7...Mike gets dropped off at work (unless he's had to be in earlier - which has happened recently and it's been the wee wee hours of the morning), the boys and I head to the gym and "play" as Noah says. He's enjoying the playground and climbing up slides and through the tunnels and crawling with Josh. Josh likes to crawl around, though I'm leary somedays depending on the ground because he'll eat anything down there. Other times he sits in the stroller and snacks. We have been rushing home, Noah watches cartoons, Josh naps, and I get ready and we are gone again usually by 850 - it seems crazy. Tuesdays and Wednesdays now we'll have to be at church by 9ish or possibly on another outing for MOPS depending on the week, Mondays we usually go to the learning center, Thursdays a trip somewhere (museum, zoo, somewhere) and Friday the community center to play and then the library. The boys seem to be adapting really well to the "schedule" and enjoy being out and playing and then having time in the afternoon after naps to relax and explore things at home. We'll see how it needs tweaked but for now we are enjoying it.

Josh has begun sleeping better, he had for about 2 weeks slept great and then had about 2 weeks where he was up 2 or 3 times again in the night, just needing a quick comfort to get back to sleep but still not sleeping solidly. I hope that this continues to be improving, sleep has done us all so much good.

The boys are both doing so much right now, they just seem to be learning every day and are enjoying playing with each other now. I think that I will try to post in the next week an update on each of the separately so that it's not pages and pages in one post =) We have been good though, just seems that with busy days we're taking evenings to have little "plugged in" time, not much TV or computer. We miss you all though and hope you are well and enjoying the fall weather if you have it!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

Sometimes life does get so busy, but I'm glad that it has it's slow times too :) How is the routine going for you? You are such a great mom to have fun things planned each day!