Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where'd the Week GO?

It's Thursday night and I am again wondering where the time has gone. Monday we had a pretty laid back day here, running a few errands and taking care of some chores. Mike was a saint and cut 40 growth charts out of 2 4x8 boards and then has helped me sand over half of them already. We'll be making growth charts as a creative activity this year in MOPS - have I mentioned Mike helping os much, I appreciate his support and help so much with many of the things on "my plate." Tuesday was an early morning, we dropped Mike off and went to the gym and then to the learning center. The boys had tons of fun, Alexis, Simon and Ryder were also there. Noah listened and participated in a few songs and then sat for some of the story too. I was pretty impressed. Josh was sleeping during the story and eating for most of the songs, no surprise there.
Wednesday we went to the zoo with Alexis and boys, Sara & Ethan, and Sandi & Elora. We went through the creatures of the night display and considerng that Noah doesn't like the dark at all he did super. He covered his eyes until I said look at this. We saw lots of owls and bats. We've been doing lots with owls this week. We've painted with feathers, glued on feathers and made some owl puppets. We had lunch with Mike which is always a great treat during the week. Wednesday was also the start of AWANA - it will be an exciting year. Today we spent most of the day with friends again, working on getting things accomplished. Noah and Simon had lots of fun playing and it seems that Josh is joining in their fun too.
Noah is surprising us these days, he seems to know many of his colors now. He's even beginning to say some of the colors, he's had blue for awhile now but now says black, reen (green), purple, ellow (yellow), and red. He also when we asked him what "2" was quickly told us two and then again this morning while Mike was asking him how old he was, Noah said two, put up two fingers and pointed to the '2" on the wall. It is so awesome to see how quickly kids learn things, we haven't sat and done worksheets or read unending stories on these things (though we do read quite a lot it seems!) but through playing and making things there has been so much observed. I guess I was reminded this week just how fortunate and blessed that I am to be here at home with the boys. I'm not saying that every day is only filled with bliss and joy (did I mention Noah did not nap 3 days this week?) but it is so rewarding a career to be here with them, to know that I am involved in their lives to almost every detail. I realize it is not an option for many, or even something everyone would like - but I am grateful, blessed to be here with them.
Saying that - I must also say that I am also grateful for breaks, mini-vacations even if it is just going to lunch alone with a friend or typing when everyone is alseep here =). I am reminded that taking care of me means I can better take care of the rest of the family by Mike, so many others in family and friends. This is so true! This weekend I'm looking forward to a vacation that has been long awaited - I'll be meeting with Kristin in Kansas City for a weekend away from all kids. I can hardly believe it is almost here, though I haven't packed or cleaned. I feel better knowing that while I'm gone that things will be in order and clean (if the boys cooperate tomorrow) and also that dinner will simply need taken out of the freezer and popped in the oven for Mike & the boys. He'll have them all weekend and I know they will have a blast too! So we'll get back to you on Monday or Tuesday...have a great weekend and stay safe out there on the east coast!

No comments: