Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday

It was a beautiful day here today and we got to spend much of the morning outside and at church. Our church had their family fest today and we had an outdoor service with all the kids out with us too and then fun, games, and food afterward. We were running late (totally my fault) and then forgot a stroller...so we went ahead and headed home to grab it (a bonus of living 2 minutes from church) and Noah was so upset, he kept pointing and saying hurch, hurch...so he was very glad when we were back. The service was wonderful, with great music. Mike & I both helped out with booths, for Sunday school, small group and MOPS so that kept us pretty busy but were still able to enjoy our time and relax some. Noah had a great time and went in the small bounce house that was near the MOPS booth - that was a first. I was really glad to see him bouncing and jumping around with his friends having so much fun. There were also firetrucks to peddle around, he needed pushed but still had a great time with them. Josh was content to talk to all the ladies and be held. So it was a great morning and afternoon, a little more draining than we thought so it was home and time for naps for us all. On the way home, we had lots to load in the truck, so I got Josh strapped in, Mike opened Noah's door and had him climb in, then was loading more stuff. Mike & I both were in the front after everything was loaded and Noah is trying to tell us something and it sounded urgent before we left...we turn around and he's pointing at his straps and buckles...we had forgotten he had just climbed in. What a smart boy and how great that we got a reminder, I'm so thankful! I doubt we don't check before leaving any more, that could have been very scary, but we were both impressed that he was telling us he needed buckled!


We have played lots and fed the boys lots the rest of the afternoon. Suddenly it seems they are both eating nonstop for periods of the day. Noah's appetite has been sparing to say the least lately, so this seems a surprise for him. Not much else, just lots of playing bowling, an errand to get more milk & bananas - that stock was resupplied on Thursday...yikes! I'm sure this is just a hint of what is to come, I'm sure in the future we'll be buying 2 - 4 gallons of milk a week without thinking about it. Enjoy the rest of your hopefully long weekend!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day outside. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves, and got naps in after! Great job, Josh, for sleeping so well for your mommmy and daddy! yay!