Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 8 Months Josh!


Sorry I haven't posted in a while - I'm sorry! We had a pretty busy weekend, there was some fun had but mostly a whole lot of work! Our fence is officially fixed! YEAH! Mike and our neighbor worked so hard all weekend and got it up and it is so wonderful! I realize that I have no pictures to speak of to show you, so we'll try to fix that later this week.

Noah continues to have good and bad days of potty training - it is frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. We are sticking with it though and just relishing in the good moments! Noah is also continuing to get more and more words and the words he is saying, he's saying clearer. It is so exciting for us, we really love that he can more clearly communicate with us. It is also amazing what he has going on in his mind. Tonight for example while we were reading, he was saying "baby, baa" talking about the baby sheep on the page and then was saying animal noises and moon - it seemed that he and daddy and the animals were going to go to the moon, I asked if I could go, no I wasn't allowed. He also at church tonight clearly told us he was ready to go, at the door, he turned to us (talking with Ken & Alexis) and said "wanna go byebye"

Joshua is officially 8 months old today - can you believe it? He is getting so big. He has been fussy though the past few days, Saturday he was just NEEDY and then Sunday the same thing, Monday he wouldn't be content unless he was being held. I was worried of course, he was congested and I thought we might have another bout of sickness. Today he was a bit fussy in the morning but overall better. Tonight at church they said he was moving everywhere and playing and having a good time, though when the older kids had a snack he wanted to eat (he had eaten literally 2 minutes before we left, he had snacks he shouldn't have needed a meal). He was okay with his sippy cup (which he now has the hang of!). I was so glad to see big smiles from him again. Tonight while we were taking his month picture though - we saw it - Josh has his first tooth! It is barely poking through but there is defintiley a tooth coming through (the middle bottom right one) - guess we know why he was so fussy! Now if we can master sleeping through the night that hopefully the pain is gone...that would be so wonderful! It has been a big couple weeks for Josh - learning to crawl, to cruise, to use his sippy cup, and his first tooth.

Tomorrow we have plans for the zoo (it's Air Force Week here, they have an F-16 simulator at the zoo, we are hoping to catch a glimpse) and then to check out the RibFest here in Council Bluffs, so I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures, I believe we are meeting Ken, Alexis, Simon and Ryder too so it should be a great fun filled day and I promise to try and post more often now!

1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

Yay for Josh's first tooth. How exciting! I'm happy for Noah saying more things, and more clearer. I'm sure it's easier for you all :)