Now for the random thought - Josh has been sleeping wonderfully the past week. I cannot tell you how much better Mike & I both feel with getting sleep. So I feel bad complaining about his behavior right now, but he does have one last really annoying habit I wish we could end, and we've been working on it as well. I think everyone knows Josh is a nursed baby...well he likes to pinch while he is nursing. It's really just annoying and sometimes painful, he's got quite a bit of strength in those little fingers. Well, we've tried not letting him eat when he does it, telling him no firmly, etc. Today though he kept at it - Mike came up with a brillant idea - he got one of Noah's old mittens and put it on him. LOL - it seemed so strange but he didn't seem to mind it being on, was kindof distracted with it and didn't try to pinch even. So here's our little man with his nursing attire on I guess =)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Dinosaurs & Other Random Things
So yesterday we had a lot of fun with all our friends coming over. We were going to have a dinosaur dig and volcano erruption. The kids were not so interested in digging for dinosaurs, but did seem to like watching the volcano. That's alright, the purpose in our "themes" and adventures right now is just to expand horizons and experiences and some days are going to be like that. There was a bit of digging and lots and lots of playing by the big kids (by the way have I mentioned how odd it is to consider Noah as one of the big kids??). While we were playing with all the kids Mike was golfing with Ken & Matt. The weather was beautiful, a perfect day it seemed to spend out on the golf course and to top it off, Mike says he shot the best game he's ever had. I doubt you could beat a morning like that often. Yesterday evening of course was group, the kids all seemed to have a great time playing and Kasey is improving in her behavior with that many kiddos running around too (she isn't jumping, at least hardly ever).
Now for the random thought - Josh has been sleeping wonderfully the past week. I cannot tell you how much better Mike & I both feel with getting sleep. So I feel bad complaining about his behavior right now, but he does have one last really annoying habit I wish we could end, and we've been working on it as well. I think everyone knows Josh is a nursed baby...well he likes to pinch while he is nursing. It's really just annoying and sometimes painful, he's got quite a bit of strength in those little fingers. Well, we've tried not letting him eat when he does it, telling him no firmly, etc. Today though he kept at it - Mike came up with a brillant idea - he got one of Noah's old mittens and put it on him. LOL - it seemed so strange but he didn't seem to mind it being on, was kindof distracted with it and didn't try to pinch even. So here's our little man with his nursing attire on I guess =)
Now for the random thought - Josh has been sleeping wonderfully the past week. I cannot tell you how much better Mike & I both feel with getting sleep. So I feel bad complaining about his behavior right now, but he does have one last really annoying habit I wish we could end, and we've been working on it as well. I think everyone knows Josh is a nursed baby...well he likes to pinch while he is nursing. It's really just annoying and sometimes painful, he's got quite a bit of strength in those little fingers. Well, we've tried not letting him eat when he does it, telling him no firmly, etc. Today though he kept at it - Mike came up with a brillant idea - he got one of Noah's old mittens and put it on him. LOL - it seemed so strange but he didn't seem to mind it being on, was kindof distracted with it and didn't try to pinch even. So here's our little man with his nursing attire on I guess =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment