Today we made our way to the base for the Air Show. We decided to get up and go early, hoping to park at the squadron before the show started for better parking and also have the boys in their best moods. Noah seemed a little off right at first, but was soon excited to see all the planes and helicopters. He loves helicopters right now! We had a really good time. The only sad part of the day was when we saw Simon (of course with Ken, Alexis, and Ryder) and had to say goodbye because we had already gone on the EC130. Noah actually cried, he was so sad to leave his friend.
There were so many cool planes to see and we also saw parachuters and some planes taking off, the Air Force chopper, monster truck (we saw that on Thursday too) and a race car. We were back by nap time though so that boys could rest and I could make salomi & cheese rolls for our meal swap on Monday. We watched the Thunderbirds flying from the back deck though and Noah was so excited about them. Mike & him had lots of fun on the deck together. After the kitchen was clear of some smoke (yeah - salomi rolls should be baked on rimmed cookie sheets not flat stones - DUH - I should have learned this lesson the last time, a little grease makes lots of smoke!) Mike and the boys headed to the store for a quick errand, I cleaned up the kitchen. They were home and we had dinner and then did lots of painting. I will try and post pictures from our painting tomorrow - but Noah finally was okay with paint on his hands, he's really enjoying painting and playdough lately.
1 comment:
The air show looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure Noah loved all the planes, and being able to wear the helmet as well.
Post a Comment