Well, on Friday Josh started crawling forward. I was expecting by today we would have a speed demon on our hands again. Once again though Joshua is proving that his agenda will be met on his terms =) He is still crawling forward, some. He gets to where he wants for toys but he is most interested in getting close enough to something to pull up on. He pulls up on the train table, Noah's potty chair, the stool, the sit and spin, boxes, whatever he can. Yesterday he seemed to be trying to cruise around the train table, but only one foot was moving and it was going back and forth and his arms would go and then he would get mad and hit the table. So today I thought he might have moved, maybe, but it was just a tiny bit and I didn't see it so I can't be sure. Tonight as we are getting ready to go to dinner (8 batches of baby food and I didn't feel like cooking anything else, lol) Mike was letting Kasey out, put Josh standing at one end of the train table and came back to him on the other end. So I guess that Josh is more interested in being up right and crusing around than he is crawling, it seems crawling is just a means to an end at this point for him.
Potty training has hit a wall, a frustrating, ugly wall the past few days. I was really ready to give up, blaming myself for using pullups while we camped to make our lives easier and thinking I had failed Noah (yep, definitely have this issue with feeling guilty as a mommy all the time, we're working on that one). So today we stayed home for baby food and potty training. The day didn't seem to be going so great. We still had some accidents, once Noah didn't even seem to care/know that he was wet. Of course when he was successful we praised him and praised him and made a HUGE deal of it. Tonight on the way to eat, we are driving on a street that was backed up and congested. Suddenly, Noah is saying, pee, go pee. We were both like hold it buddy, just hold it! We made it as quickly as we could to a McDonald's and Mike ran him in for a successful potty trip! Yeah! And then again while we were eating he said he had to go. Maybe we're going to have some improvement, that would be nice! While we were at the restraunt in the bathroom, a lady came in and Noah almost ran into her, looked up and said sorry. We washed our hands and she was coming out, he goes she potty mommy.
It also appears that we are having some increase in vocabulary lately, I'm very relieved. I still think that we should continue with having his speech evaluated because the articulation is still weak, but I'm so glad that he is not just too frustrated to try new words. He is now saying - "help" "sorry" "potty" "peas" (that's suppose to be please) and "I did it" (followed by his fists up at his sides very excitedly)
1 comment:
Way to go Josh! He'll be walking before you know it.
Post a Comment