Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blizzard!






Well, last night we ventured out - apparently two days of confinement were enough for us. We've all really enjoyed the time together and are very appreciative to have it - but the boys had been wanting to play in the snow. Who could blame them really? I certainly didn't have much interest in going out in the cold and we had to wait until the snow and wind were calmer. Somehow -10 windchills doesn't seem a good time to take young kids out. And we do not own a sled - not of any kind, I'm sure this is my protest somehow of living where it is this cold, I do not think I should live in such a cold climate...and no we are not buying one, I have hopes of being somewhere warmer by next winter (this may be in vain but I don't care). We have some friends who have a sled though and live near a nice park with a good hill. We all got bundled up and headed over there to mooch off of them. They were nice enough to keep Addison inside to be toasty and warm and Matt and Andrew joined us to sled - Sara even made us dinner and we all got to hang out after.
Noah really enjoyed sledding - he went down first with Mike and then wanted to go by himself. He loved it! He and Mike raced down and I think that was probably his favorite thing. Josh just watched for a little bit and then was okay to come inside a little earlier than the rest of the boys.

No comments: