Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas with Daddy



Today is a snow day...seriously, I am not sure I have seen this much snow (maybe once in college...) yikes and more yikes! However, with so much snow comes many cancelations - including the base! Whoohoo! Since we had decided to celebrate our family Christmas this week, we thought today would be the perfect day (all the gifts were already wrapped and waiting). So we did, we declared it a pj day (even Mike went along) and after getting ready for the day and into new pjs we read the Christmas story and exchanged gifts from us and the kids. The kids get 3 presents from Mike and I, we started that tradition last year as a way to remember that Jesus was given three gifts by the wisemen, and then they had a gift from their siblings. Both the boys got the concept of opening presents this year, though they kept calling them surprises =) which I loved. It was such a nice morning, we had bagels (don't worry mom we'll have waffles Christmas morning...I had picked up bagels last night though for this morning to have as a treat) and it really seemed that the number of gifts was perfect for the boys, as no one was overwhelmed with toys or got tired of opening presents. The boys were even excited about their clothes (they each get something educational/to foster their minds, something to wear, and a heart gift or something they really want).

In case anyone is wondering what the Lucas kiddos got today...Noah got jeans, a hot wheels stunt jump ramp, beanbags, an I Spy Bingo game, and moon sand. Josh got shirts, legos, beanbags, a Hungry Caterpillar game, and moon sand. Addison got a book, tag blanket, and shirts. We have enjoyed a game, some lunch and the boys are watching a movie and playing while the snow continues to hammer down on us. My only regret is that I was low on hot chocolate the last time I went to the commissary and was waiting to get some on the next trip (which would have been today...) so I'm out of hot chocolate, oh well. There are more pictures at the link in the sidebar in case you want more.

No comments: