Wednesday, December 2, 2009
More Ear News from our House...
I think posts will abound in the near future about little one's ears - so sorry if this is of no interest to you but family wants to know I think and this makes it easy to get the info out to everyone (well if they actually still read...hmm?). Anyway, Josh had an ENT appointment this morning because he's had 2 ear infections from the end of November through about 3 weeks ago and his left tube came out of his ear. Turns out his complaints the past couple of days of his ear hurting were spot on - he is on his way to another infection more than likely (he just finished almost 3 weeks of antibotics so this is way too early!). The tube is out, the typanagram was flat and the ENT felt it was worth putting another tube in his left, one that will be slightly bigger than the previous one and meant to last a little longer. They are going to replace the tube in the right ear at the same time, because likely it will do the same thing and since we'll already be having surgery it makes sense. I went to schedule the surgery guessing it would be toward the end of the month or maybe January with the holidays. They asked if I prefered Fridays or Mondays (the days this doc does surgery), I said Fridays and he said okay we'll get it scheduled for Friday. I was shocked - this Friday Josh will be having surgery again, his 3rd surgery in roughly 13 months, the poor baby. I know he will feel better though and needs this done. I have the best friends in the world here and already have someone who is going to take care of Noah for the morning - Addison will just come with me, she just eats and sleeps still so that will be easy enough. Boys Town is going to know us well...we'll be there probably four or five hours tomorrow for 3 appointments for Addison and now it seems probably about five hours on Friday for Josh - thank goodness for insurance! We have a 7:30 show time and 9:30 procedure scheduled - hopefully we'll be home by lunch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment