5 abdominal surgeries in roughly 5 years, I'm soon going to be having as my history. I'm hoping that this is it for awhile! Not that it came as a surprise during my appointment this morning, though since my PCM said she'd refer me to talk to a surgeon to see if it was a choice I was surprised to be filling out pre-op paperwork. I have been having issues with my tummy for months, it's gotten so bad a couple times that I have laid in the floor and cried unable to move. I'm not saying I'm some super strong, can take any kind of pain gal, but I feel like I'm able to handle it relatively well and a couple times it has just been too much. So they did an ultrasound in Dec. then my follow up was the beginning of this month. After losing the referral and having to have it redone, I got in to see the surgeon today - who said that given the ultrasound results and my symptoms it sounded like it was a good option. Yeah (read with dripping sarcasm).
I forgot to ask about lifting restrictions until I was sitting filling out more paperwork with the nurse and actually scheduling the procedure. She called the doc in who asked what I did, when I said I stayed home with my kids he asked the ages...16 months, 3, and 4. He immediately said that my husband should plan on taking a week off minimum. Hahaha, that's funny! He said some women have told him it was worse than a C-section (I kind of have my doubts there). I did what any girl would do, I called my mommy. But then they are operating the 18th...which is soon...and well there's the whole issue of Addy and still not knowing what the future holds for her. I have the same feeling of needing to be prepared for life to get crazy, that need to stock the freezer, have the house good and deep cleaned, things filed, stuff for kids to do to stay busy...this same feeling I had a couple weeks before Josh showed up (a little over 3 weeks early). It isn't a stressed out feeling, it's just this need I feel. So no, we have no idea what is going to happen, yet I can't ignore that feeling. So while I wanted to have my mom come out and help (Mike will likely be working nights that week) I also feel like we need to wait - if Addy has anything serious that needs done, we'll need the help even more than. Thank goodness that Mike is again fortunate to be working with an awesome squadron. They will have a busy week of work that week I'll be recovering, but will have some night shifts - and are going to let him just come to work after kids are in bed. So the 18th I'll be having my 5th stinkin' abdominal surgery where they are yanking things out of my body...gee whiz I really do hope this is it! For now the menu has been re planned and the next 2 weeks are going to have lots of double cooking - one to eat, one to freeze!
No comments:
Post a Comment