Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Legos...Wii Legos

Just wanted to share a bit of a Noah's humor with you - yesterday while we were at the neurologist, Noah and Josh stayed with a friend and her boys, so thankful for that.  After the appointment, it was lunch for us all and then to the base for lab work and medicine and then another lab to get the "specialized" labs drawn.  The boys went with us, they are very good sports and troopers at appointments (maybe this is a sign they are too used to it?).  I explained before the first lab draw that Addy was going to cry, she wouldn't like having her blood taken but that her doctor needed the tests done to make sure she was growing okay.  The boys did okay with it - Addy is a strong little girl and fought hard!  So the second lab the nurse is taking Addy's blood.  At the end she is done and has I think 4 tubes of it on the counter.  Noah asked her "why do you need my sister's blood?"  She looks a bit surprised and says for the doctor, then he questions further.  What is being done...why more blood.  I told him that the doctor wanted to look at Addison's chromosomes.  He of course wants to know what chromosomes are.  The nurse says, "that's what makes you  you"  Noah replied with something about God making you you =) which I love.  He still seems confused...I tried to explain that they are like building blocks and everyone has specific ones to them...huh?  He still is a bit lost...so I tell him it's like the legos that make you you.  He then seems to get it to his satisfaction but says that he wants to see his legos, too.  Then he says he hopes he has Wii legos, no Wii Batman legos. 

No comments: