Monday, January 10, 2011

I have the Building Bug...

Guess it isn't too shocking, but definitely have the building bug!  Thankfully Mike is encouraging in my ideas and projects and doesn't say too much when the screws start going in a bit crooked (yes major problem I have, working it!)  I found a website, actually found it months and months ago, called Knock-off Wood that is awesome!  Loads and loads of inspiration, tips, and plans.  This weekend we spent some time at Lowe's getting a pocket hole drill kit and some wood for the step for Kristin (finally done!) and I had eyes on these stacking chairs (ours for the kids' table have started to show their unsturdiness...but at only $4 for the 4 of them not too disappointed, they've lasted months).  My other plan was to build a dress up container of sorts for the kids, we've tried so many different systems that haven't quite worked well.  There is a peg board in Addy's room currently but it doesn't fit everything and is really hard for the kids to use.  This idea seemed perfect, they could hang stuff and there was an area on the bottom for small stuff (shields, masks, etc.)  I think we'll add hooks to the sides for the multiple capes we have, too and the shelf up top may be home to the puppets.  Still a work in progress, but shaping up okay I think. 

(the picture isn't the best, just from the phone)  We will add better ones when it's all done!  The chairs, they will hold children...I think I'm leaving those for Mike =) he still is much better at this than I am!

No comments: