Well today it seems we are still on the mend, thankfully! Yeah for that. It was a fairly typicaly Wed. morning here, ladies' Bible study started again which meant that the boys and I would take Mike to work in the morning. After dropping him off, we stopped by Walmart to get a few things - I probably was a sight this morning for tired eyes, took the double stroller because well otherwise there's no room in the cart with Joshua in his carseat...but we needed diapers for Noah. In the long run, just taking them in a cart would have been easier as I wouldn't have been pushing the double stroller with one hand and trying to manage the shopping basket and box of diapers with the other. Oh well, lesson learned. Joshua got left in the nursery during Bible study, I'm willing to bet he wasn't put down for very long as he's the tiniest baby right now. Everyone was commenting on how the last Bible study I was in labor, Sara says at the last one for this study she wants to be labor (she'll be about 39 weeks I think then). Then it was out to lunch with the ladies. This was another first, lunch with both the boys and without another family member. Though really Alexis and Sara stepped in to help often, thank goodness since Joshua needed to eat and Noah is just busy. He does well but after about 30 or 40 minutes is ready to play or burn a little energy at least. All in all, it was a good time at lunch and really, I'm starting to enjoy my time alone with the boys and not just worry that one of them isn't getting the attention they need.
So to update you on what else the boys are doing today...Noah continues to try new things. Yesterday and today he has wanted to play his drum (this isn't new at all) but once I started clapping along with him and just happened to sing the ABCs. I finished singing and stopped clapping, Noah paused and then looked at me and said "momma" and signed please. So again we started clapping, drumming and signing. He's so funny when he wants something, he usually will say your name (well momma or daddy) and then sign please. Tonight he was doing that while being silly with Mike bouncing around. Last night while Joshua was eating, Noah climbed up in my lap to have some cuddle time too, then suddenly he lifted his shirt up and signed please. I had no clue at first what he wanted, I said, yep that is your belly. He continued to sign though, then pulled my head toward his stomach - he wanted a rasberry. Playdough continues to provide entertainment, he likes to have the playdough made into balls, though he doesn't really make them himself yet. Yesterday he lined up the ones Mike made in order. Of course we had more cars today and also lots of running in circles and falling down.
Joshua has been awake today for longer bouts at a time today. This afternoon he was very awake for about 2 hours until we had to run to get Mike so he could drop us off and get to class and we wouldn't have to have the boys out on the snowy roads tonight (we're getting a bit of a snow storm here tonight). After we got home he continued to nap but woke up about 7 and 2 hours later is still wide awake. It's so nice to be able to look at him awake and see him looking around. I think he might have smiled today too, just after he ate as I was burping him, he just laid his down on my shoulder and seemed to smile...maybe it's too early for smiling in response to something and it was just gas, but it sure seemed that he was just content. It made my day at least. Check out the Kodak site for some more recent pictures I added this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment