Monday, January 28, 2008

Sorry...it's been a couple of days

Well it has been a few days since our last update, sorry about that. We have had a busy last few days, though now I am having a difficult time trying to tell you about what happened! Friday morning we had another friend come and play and then headed to the OCM to spend the afternoon with Jacob (Noah's friend who was over in the morning for a bit) and his mom, Kristen and also Simon & Alexis. It was a great time, though it was not without its own drama..namely Noah. So all was going smoothly til lunch. They have alittle room where you can have a packed lunch, this is great and safes money (always a bonus!) but Noah only wanted to eat enough I think so that he wasn't starving and wanted to go and play. Well they have tables in this room, the tables were full though and so we were just sitting on the floor. SO there we sat, all around, no where to strap Noah into a chair and me nursing Joshua...then off goes Noah and when I ask him to come back he says please and points to the door. He did throw a bit of a fit but thankfully with the help of two good friends who thankfully are moms and didn't think I was just a complete idiot who couldn't handle her kids we made it through lunch. Oh well - Alexis just smiled and said that anyone there has had a screaming child to deal with and if not they would soon and didn't have any room to judge - nice to hear that from someone else when your kiddo has had a melt down.
So Saturday we decided to go to the Omaha Car Show. We went to wear Noah out for a bit, it was still pretty cold and since Noah loves to run and loves cars this seemed a great opportunity for both. We ended up seeing some friends there and that was nice as we had someone else to sit and have our packed lunch with and chat with for a bit while the kids ate. It's always nice to see familiar faces. Noah did love the cars too! He was very good about asking for the doors to be opened if he wanted to climb in the car. He also was great about not getting upset if someone else was in the car - so wonderful to see after Friday's meltdown, lol! He really seemed to love the trucks there and also the more sporty cars. Go figure, huh? Unfortunately or fortunately I also found a car that I liked and now will have to add to our consideration list - it's a minivan! (Kristin I know this is horrible and terrible and I am deeply depresesed for liking it and regretting every minute that I even tried to see if the double stroller would fit and leave any room) So the Town and Country Limited was definitely one that had some space we would need and some nice features and wasn't as big as the SUVs with as much storage behind the third row. Mike got the truck washed when we got home too - something he was thrilled to get done since the weather was a bit warmer when we got home then the morning and Mike likes to have a clean truck. It looks like a brand new truck, too. Saturday night we just spent at home, trying to survive.
Joshua was doing great though from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning he seemed to be in a growth spurt and ate every hour to hour and a half throughout the entire time period...including at night which meant that we hadn't much sleep those two nights. We were both just exhausted by Sunday but somehow made it through Sunday and had energy to go to church and lunch and then some meetings in the evening and late afternoon.
Today has been a pretty good day, my followup appointment was good and Mike got off early. That is always really great. We tried to do a little shopping - I want/need some new shirts that aren't just tshirts and aren't 5 - 7 years old...but alas being short and a bit stout there was not much to choose from and even those didn't quite fit right. Somewhere there must be shirts that will be fitting for someone in their late 20s so they don't have to look like a teenager or a grandma and also not like they are going to work - I want clothes that will wash well and not stain with crayons and food and drool and oh yeah I'm not a size 6...sorry I'm just not...so if anyone has any clues as to where I can find these clothes please please let me know! I have tshirts, I have clothes to just hang out around the house but I want something a little nicer to go have lunch or dinner and not feel so sloppy but I just can't find them. Hope your weekend was great!

No comments: